Is It Just Me

chitownman

Did you not intrinsicly know that after the Bengals game, that GB would kill us? Yet, we watched, no? Don't get me wrong, I get what you're saying. That there seemed to be hope. Especially early on, and towards the end (unforuntately when it was far too late). And you basically watch with hope. My heart and mind battled every weekend. My mind told me it's a pipe dream and my heart told me that we can win!

We're kind of arguing semantics, and that's not the point I was trying to make. It's that, there is a part of, at least me, and would appear many, that following Smith would prove to be a failure. It was. That's the fear for next season as well. I even bought in hook, line and sinker into the Cutler will take us to the Super Bowl mentality! I got over my Smith dislike thinking, it could happen, That the O would click, the D would be better since he was calling plays, etc. But, I was wrong.

I think when it comes to being an actual masochist, you have to KNOW that you are going to experience unpleasantness or subject yourself to a trying experience. Why would we watch the game knowing the Bears were going to lose every time and put ourselves through that? That's not what happened 7 out of 16 games last season. Who would've thought the Bears would have won the second game against the Vikings? Or earlier in the season when they beat the defending champion Steelers? If I knew that the Bears would have lost every game, I wouldn't bother. Heck if I wanted to be a true masochist I would become a Detroit Lions fan. I don't like pain or torture. It's about the element of surprise I suppose or believing that the team will prevail. Not just Lovie, not just Angelo, not just Cutler or Urlacher even but the team. Hence why you and I and most of the other folks here are fans of the Bears.

"And if wearing a burlap sack is all it took for us to get a Super Bowl win, I'd wear one every freakin' day!

I'm glad your offer still stands. Not sure why you reference it in your counterpoint to my post as I'm not a season ticket holder, and I too in fact would buy someone's season tickets. I guess I just have a tendency to subject myself to unpleasant or trying experiences. But a regular game ticket, I'm not buying until there's a regime change."

Good, that will allow someone like me to get a better seat at the game. And, my reference to the "season ticket holder" is not so much towards you but those that have thrown up their hands in disgust and said they can't do it anymore. Could be "steam blowing" I suppose but for me, patience. :banghead

I hear ya! My wife says we don't need kids when the bigest one in the house comandeers the TV every Sunday!

Yea, totally different situations.

When I go to the bar, I actually don't drink, funny as that sounds. I drink soda or water, which is re-fillable. I do get something to eat, but my tab is usually only around $10, though I usually tip another $10, if not more. I don't drink at the bar as (a) driving and (B) don't want those $100 bar tabs.

I also really don't have a choise. I have verizon cable, which does not offer the NFL ticket, and I love my cable and have no intention of changing.

But honestly, even if the bar tab was more and/or I could get the games at home, off to the bar I would still go. If you have kids, you might better understand. Little rugrats can really be a distraction :)

Over the years I've always watched the national broadcast games at home so my kids can are properly educated in how to enjoy a Bears game and what it means to be a Bears fan. They have also learned, as has my wife, that you CANNOT interrupt me during a game. Then as they got older they watched with me. Now years later they go to the bar with me to watch the games. Of 4 kids I've only lost one to the Cardinals.

Over the years I've always watched the national broadcast games at home so my kids can are properly educated in how to enjoy a Bears game and what it means to be a Bears fan. They have also learned, as has my wife, that you CANNOT interrupt me during a game. Then as they got older they watched with me. Now years later they go to the bar with me to watch the games. Of 4 kids I've only lost one to the Cardinals.

Great job, you did a great job raising the kids then. I would rather lose a child to the cardinals than in division.

Sadly, at this point I would be happy with anyone other than Turner. How many times have "sure fits" not worked out anyway? I am disgusted with the organization as well (mainly for hanging on to Lovie), but just interviewing and hiring the first candidate is not always the best course of action. The Bears also could be targeting someone on Indy or New Orleans as well. So I am not too worried until after the SB.

Just remember that even though you lost a child to the Cardinals, remember that the Arizona Cardinals originally started out as the Chicago Cardinals so you still have four rooting for Chicago teams.

One of my key problems watching the Bears w/ my kids is my inability to filter my "potty mouth".

Nap time would only make things worse for me as I could not even shout w/o getting into trouble.

It sounds like some others have much better luck w/ their wives and kids. My wife could not care less about football. She allows me my vice, but has no interest in it herself. Fine w/ me as I have no interest in Ballet. At the same time, it is one thing to allow me this vice or simply not really care about it. Its another to spend half the afternoon in front of the TV and tell her and the kids to stay away, be quiet, or whatever.

In my house, it is simply so much better to simply leave. Wife is not upset. Kids don't learn new words. Get to watch the game w/ 50-100 other bear fans, even though I live in Dallas. And no fear of breaking my TV when Cutler throws another pick or Rodgers throws another score against us.

I suffer from this as well NFOLIGNO and I am glad that my twins still take a nap in the afternoon even at age 4 now.

Nap time would only make things worse for me as I could not even shout w/o getting into trouble.

It sounds like some others have much better luck w/ their wives and kids. My wife could not care less about football. She allows me my vice, but has no interest in it herself. Fine w/ me as I have no interest in Ballet. At the same time, it is one thing to allow me this vice or simply not really care about it. Its another to spend half the afternoon in front of the TV and tell her and the kids to stay away, be quiet, or whatever.

In my house, it is simply so much better to simply leave. Wife is not upset. Kids don't learn new words. Get to watch the game w/ 50-100 other bear fans, even though I live in Dallas. And no fear of breaking my TV when Cutler throws another pick or Rodgers throws another score against us.

God I must have it nice that my wife is a Bears fan. Although I am scared of when my little ones grow up. My 2 yr old hasn't started talking yet, maybe thats a good thing. The other one isn't born yet. He is due in May. I get just a little upset and if I didn't own such a nice TV I might get tempted to throw something through it sometimes.

Just remember that even though you lost a child to the Cardinals, remember that the Arizona Cardinals originally started out as the Chicago Cardinals so you still have four rooting for Chicago teams.

That's true. Within the extended family we have one Chicagoan who was a Chicago Cardinals fan and was actually at their championship game in 1947. The guy is over 80 years old and still remembers all the players and talked in detail about that game. That's a football fan!