Interesting Article from Moon

Connorbear

I guess here is the part I don't really understand. While I realize we are close to "signing day" and schools like to hold on to their staffs, at the same time, we see plenty of coaching movement prior to signing day. Seattle, Wash and numerous other teams didn't wait until signing day was over to grab college level coaches off rosters, so why would we?

Jerry did mention waiting for the recruiting period to be over so they could interview some college candidates.

http://www.csnchicago.com/pages/blog_moon

Peace :dabears

I guess here is the part I don't really understand. While I realize we are close to "signing day" and schools like to hold on to their staffs, at the same time, we see plenty of coaching movement prior to signing day. Seattle, Wash and numerous other teams didn't wait until signing day was over to grab college level coaches off rosters, so why would we?

Why don't you ask Larry Meyer on the Bears site? I'm sure he'll give you a canned, fluff answer.

Honestly, even in downdown like this, I still very rarely find myself on the Bears Website. Larry Meyer doesn't bother me. He is what he is. An employee of the chicago bears.

I am far more bothered by the Larry Meyer's who were not receiving their paychecks from the Bears, and yet act like they want to.

Why don't you ask Larry Meyer on the Bears site? I'm sure he'll give you a canned, fluff answer.

Like Dan Pompei seems to be doing now...

Honestly, even in downdown like this, I still very rarely find myself on the Bears Website. Larry Meyer doesn't bother me. He is what he is. An employee of the chicago bears.

I am far more bothered by the Larry Meyer's who were not receiving their paychecks from the Bears, and yet act like they want to.

IMHO, Dan shows bias, but not necessarily purily in favor of everything Chicago. Anytime there is an anti-Cutler article, he seems to be the author. Often he seemed to say Cutler was responsible for the OL problems. I would watch Omiyale get totally blown off the LOS, as the DT would be in Cutlers face about the time he got the shotgun snap, and yet the next day Dan is saying he watched the film and the pressure was due to Cutler holding the ball too long.

Now, I realize Cutler didn't live up to many fans expectations, but damn. That line just sucked, and no way can I credit someone who would defend it the way Dan seemed to do all year. Maybe he was BFFs w/ Harry Heistand.

When Pompeii was doing draft coverage w/ Sportingnews like a decade ago, I really liked him. Then, I would have put him up there w/ Buchbaum. In reading his pieces though about NFL games, I just have not been so impressed, especially since joining the Trib.

Like Dan Pompei seems to be doing now...

That's why I'm annoyed w/ Pompei, he sed to be good.

I've seen him basically be an apologist for the current regime many a time on Chicago Tribune Live.

IMHO, Dan shows bias, but not necessarily purily in favor of everything Chicago. Anytime there is an anti-Cutler article, he seems to be the author. Often he seemed to say Cutler was responsible for the OL problems. I would watch Omiyale get totally blown off the LOS, as the DT would be in Cutlers face about the time he got the shotgun snap, and yet the next day Dan is saying he watched the film and the pressure was due to Cutler holding the ball too long.

Now, I realize Cutler didn't live up to many fans expectations, but damn. That line just sucked, and no way can I credit someone who would defend it the way Dan seemed to do all year. Maybe he was BFFs w/ Harry Heistand.

When Pompeii was doing draft coverage w/ Sportingnews like a decade ago, I really liked him. Then, I would have put him up there w/ Buchbaum. In reading his pieces though about NFL games, I just have not been so impressed, especially since joining the Trib.