Piso coming back

Connorbear

This is great news, and was glad to hear it. Lets hope that he and Urlacher can stay healthy. Those 2 could play a huge rule in getting the defense back to respectability.

Yeah, Briggs-Urlacher-Tinoisamoa was looking like the ideal Tampa-2 linebacking corps before all the injuries set in. If they can all stay healthy for a season, the defense could be much better.

Yeah, Briggs-Urlacher-Tinoisamoa was looking like the ideal Tampa-2 linebacking corps before all the injuries set in. If they can all stay healthy for a season, the defense could be much better.

I can't say they were looking like the ideal linbacking core as Urlacher and Tino were both lost in Week 1. Urlacher was done for the year. Tino only played a handful of snaps all year. I have a lot of hope that they can mainly because that is a ton of speed that they would have. Urlacher may not be the same player he was a few years ago but the records show that with him on the field the D is better and more importantly the teams has a better chance to Win.

This is excellent news! I really liked what I saw of him last year, I thought he played more physical than I heard he was capable of. I wonder what impact this might have on the contract status of Jamar Williams? I thought his contract was up. So right now they would have:

Briggs

Piso

Roach

Hillenmeyer

Williams??

Urlacher

Shaw (ST only)

Am I missing someone? I am wondering, since we are discussing linebackers, if given his effort this year if Hunter will be back? It seemed like he was on the bubble last year.

I can't say they were looking like the ideal linbacking core as Urlacher and Tino were both lost in Week 1. Urlacher was done for the year. Tino only played a handful of snaps all year. I have a lot of hope that they can mainly because that is a ton of speed that they would have. Urlacher may not be the same player he was a few years ago but the records show that with him on the field the D is better and more importantly the teams has a better chance to Win.

Yeah, when I said "looking like" I meant on paper: obviously we never got a chance to see much from them on the field.

This is excellent news! I really liked what I saw of him last year, I thought he played more physical than I heard he was capable of. I wonder what impact this might have on the contract status of Jamar Williams? I thought his contract was up. So right now they would have:

Briggs

Piso

Roach

Hillenmeyer

Williams??

Urlacher

Shaw (ST only)

Am I missing someone? I am wondering, since we are discussing linebackers, if given his effort this year if Hunter will be back? It seemed like he was on the bubble last year.

Williams was going to be an unrestricted FA. Since there is no new CBA, he'll be a restricted FA. That makes it probable he'll be back for one more year.

After last season, Hunter's a lock IMO.

I'll feel better when Pisa is signed and it's not just speculation.