Nice article on DA

Connorbear

Running a solid 4.35 seconds in the 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine, Devin was projected to go anywhere from the second to fourth round. But he ended up going in the seventh round to the Dolphins.

I knew he was fast, but did not realize he was able to run that fast!

It is just disappointing to know that it took that long to get D.A. onto the field and give him a legitimate shot at playing. Now that we have seen what he is able to do, will the new OC allow D.A. to become the apparent number one receive it looks like he is able to be or are we just going to waste everyone's time in regards to what should happen. Let Hester be a third down receiver and see if Hester still has anything left as a return man. Only time will tell for sure.

Yeah, think about this: if we start DA and Hester with Knox in the slot, our slowest receiver (in the 40, not on the field) is actually Hester, since he ran a 4.41 at the Combine. Think about that. That's a TON of speed at wideout. We could give some defensive backs nightmares.

No kidding!!! How is it I had never heard DA ran a 4.35 at the combine? He's 6-2, 201 pounds and can move that fast? We've heard so much about Johnny Knox running the 4.34 . . . I will say that DA doesn't "look" as fast as Knox, but he appears to be a legitimate 6-2, as opposed to Knox who looks about 5-7, but is listed as 6-0.

Either way, DA appears to have great hands, and he has the size and ability to be a legit #1 WR.

No kidding!!! How is it I had never heard DA ran a 4.35 at the combine? He's 6-2, 201 pounds and can move that fast? We've heard so much about Johnny Knox running the 4.34 . . . I will say that DA doesn't "look" as fast as Knox, but he appears to be a legitimate 6-2, as opposed to Knox who looks about 5-7, but is listed as 6-0.

Either way, DA appears to have great hands, and he has the size and ability to be a legit #1 WR.

I think part of why DA looks so much taller than Knox is that he's got a very lanky build with very long arms. When I look at DA on the field, I'm a little surprised that he's not 6-3 or 6-4. But look at Knox in the picture in this article. He's right next to Earl Bennett, who's an even 6 feet, and they're about the exact same height, Knox is just skinnier.

Agreed. It seems far too often that players only get a chance to shime after an injury takes place.

It is just disappointing to know that it took that long to get D.A. onto the field and give him a legitimate shot at playing. Now that we have seen what he is able to do, will the new OC allow D.A. to become the apparent number one receive it looks like he is able to be or are we just going to waste everyone's time in regards to what should happen. Let Hester be a third down receiver and see if Hester still has anything left as a return man. Only time will tell for sure.