If Martz, then. . .

ChileBear

Lovie will have all his old buddies on board--Martz and Marinelli, who he wated when the Bucs wouldn't let him go. If Lovie can't get it done with this group, he's got to go. And that may well be one reason that JA, in the end, signs off on Martz. As a solid Bears fan, I want the team to do well, and I've got my Kool Aide ready. But like most solid Bears fans, I've got my depression medicine in the cabinet, just in case.

Lovie will have all his old buddies on board--Martz and Marinelli, who he wated when the Bucs wouldn't let him go. If Lovie can't get it done with this group, he's got to go. And that may well be one reason that JA, in the end, signs off on Martz. As a solid Bears fan, I want the team to do well, and I've got my Kool Aide ready. But like most solid Bears fans, I've got my depression medicine in the cabinet, just in case.

Barring just a complete and total breakdown next season, Lovie has 2 years left IMO. Not only just the money and the impending lock-out, but we'd have to clean house with our players and staff. Net system, etc..

Either way, I could see a scenerio where Lovie is fired and Martz stays. We weren't 7 & 9 because of our offense last season . . .

The SCORE is saying that if the Martz/Cutler meeting went well yesterday, we could announce Martz as our OC as early as today.

They also mentioned that Shaun Hill finished the season as the 11th or 12th best QB in the league under Martz. Nice.

In addition, they had a St. Louis sportswriter who commented on how everywhere Martz has been, the offense and quarterbacks improved immediately. In St. Louis, 1999 was his first year and they won the Super Bowl. Kurt Warner, Trent Green, John Kitna, and the current St. Louis QB all showed huge improvement immediately.

I've got to admit, I'm starting to salivate at the idea of Martz coming here.

As much as a supporter for Lovie that I am I could not agree more. He will have a fair number of folks around him that not only does he favor but some people that are pretty good at what they do. So who is in store for the DC job???

I tend to keep mine in the fridge. Ironically, it also doubles as my celebratory medicine.

As much as a supporter for Lovie that I am I could not agree more. He will have a fair number of folks around him that not only does he favor but some people that are pretty good at what they do. So who is in store for the DC job???

I'm not going to be shocked if Marinelli ends up finally accepting it. Wow, then you'd have meetings with Martz as OC and the DC being a former HC that canned him. I guess that Lovie believes he can manage them both and end up with the good ship Super Bowl.

The Bears have been criticized for hiring coaches without experienced, and we could have 4 coaches with HC experience. (Lovie, Marinelli, Tice, & Martz)

It seems like we're going to go after a defensive coach from the Colts as our new DC.

Barring just a complete and total breakdown next season, Lovie has 2 years left IMO. Not only just the money and the impending lock-out, but we'd have to clean house with our players and staff. Net system, etc..

Either way, I could see a scenerio where Lovie is fired and Martz stays. We weren't 7 & 9 because of our offense last season . . .

The SCORE is saying that if the Martz/Cutler meeting went well yesterday, we could announce Martz as our OC as early as today.

They also mentioned that Shaun Hill finished the season as the 11th or 12th best QB in the league under Martz. Nice.

In addition, they had a St. Louis sportswriter who commented on how everywhere Martz has been, the offense and quarterbacks improved immediately. In St. Louis, 1999 was his first year and they won the Super Bowl. Kurt Warner, Trent Green, John Kitna, and the current St. Louis QB all showed huge improvement immediately.

I've got to admit, I'm starting to salivate at the idea of Martz coming here.

We sure weren't a dominant team because of the offense either. 19th in the NFL in scoring doesn't scare anyone. The D did poorly, but the O sucked just as much.