What pissed me off most about last season!

Wesson44

Sure we wee 7-9 this year but we should not have been. Think about it we lost some games by getting blowed out (Bengals,Cardnials, Vikings, Ravens) but we lost some that we should not have like the 1st packers game, the falcon game and two others against the 49ers and the Eagles. You can even make the case that we should have swept the pckers like we did the lions. So we lost 4 games by a total of 4,4,7,7 and had a chance to win in the ending of the game that would be 11-5.

Guest TerraTor
Sure we wee 7-9 this year but we should not have been. Think about it we lost some games by getting blowed out (Bengals,Cardnials, Vikings, Ravens) but we lost some that we should not have like the 1st packers game, the falcon game and two others against the 49ers and the Eagles. You can even make the case that we should have swept the pckers like we did the lions. So we lost 4 games by a total of 4,4,7,7 and had a chance to win in the ending of the game that would be 11-5.

lets recall the blowouts as well. far from a playoff team. plus a playoff team doesnt blow the games we did.

Honestly though, how many teams do you think could make the exact same argument?

Four other NFC teams had a record better than ours, but didn't make the playoffs. You don't think those teams had a few close games too. And for them, they would only need one or maybe two additional wins to have been a playoff team. In the AFC, a total of 6 teams had a record as good or better than ours and didn't make the playoffs. Again, I am sure they had a couple games that were close.

This past year was not even as bad as the prior. In 2008, we could have been a playoff team if we won our last game, against a beatable Houston Texans team. But we lost and were out of the playoffs.

Good teams win those games. Bad teams say, "shoulda, coulda woulda"

I was at the Cardinals game and I would say without hesitation we did not deserve to be in the playoffs. Playoff teams do not get blown out the way we did 4 times.

Peace :dabears

Nope. Our coaching and preparation was not good enough.

Exactly, our coaching staff is not prepared week in and week out and I still do not believe that this team is completely in support of Smith and his game plan/preparation. I still think about the 2008 season and the game at Minnesota and it still baffles my mind that Smith and Angelo have a job at this point and time. That is why major changes within the organization are needed and it starts with Virginia and flows down hill from there.

Nope. Our coaching and preparation was not good enough.

Amen!

Exactly, our coaching staff is not prepared week in and week out and I still do not believe that this team is completely in support of Smith and his game plan/preparation. I still think about the 2008 season and the game at Minnesota and it still baffles my mind that Smith and Angelo have a job at this point and time. That is why major changes within the organization are needed and it starts with Virginia and flows down hill from there.

I agree that playoff teams don't get blown out like we did consistently. I said after the Bengals game we'd either go downhill fast or we'd regroup and become a playoff contender. We went downhill and I certainly didn't need to see a blowout loss in Rd 1 of the playoffs.