The house pessimist takes a swig of Kool-aid...

madlithuanian

For the longest time (unfortunately) I've been complaining up a storm over this regime. Realistically, I don't see any reason to stop complaining until actual results happen. However, I'm going to relent a tad and take a swig from Pix's kool-aid jug. Of course, I'm putting a dram of Scotch in it to keep me honest...but I digress.

As a kid, I remember a comic book called. "What If?". Its premise was to play out the universe as if something else happened. For instance, an example could be "What if the Fanastic Four had different powers?" The comic would then go about showing how the "universe" would change, etc due to that premise. I recall it being interesting, but I thought Speed Racer was cool until I saw a cartoon of it not too long ago...realizing it was pretty awful. But the premise still stands, and I'm going to play the game...

1. What If: Martz actually does the job. You know, making Cutler Warner-esque. Getting massive points and yards from the O.

2. What If: Tice does his job. You know, the O-line gels like it hinted at at the end of last season. Williams proves worthy of his draft status, etc. In other words these guys to a decent job protecting Jay and making a few holes for the few times Martz had Forte run it.

3. What If: Whatever DC hire is brought on does his job. And I don't mean putting on knee pads and lining up in front of Smith for favors. I mean, being a damn DC. Putting his own take on the Smith 2. Like Rivera did. You'll get some bad, but maybe mostly good.

4. What If: The players play like men. They stop aligator arming. They start pushing people around. They make better decisions. The play smart and tough.

5. What If: Smith makes like Smith and just disappears. Basically, just letting the coordinators run the show. Assuming the coordinators do their jobs as mentioned earlier, Smith could just be a figure-head. Seriously. You could even get a cardboard cut out of him and place it on the sidelines and few would probably notice. It's amazing what Adobe Photoshop can do these days! But really...what if he just gets out of the way?

6. What If: Angelo has just had a bad run and turns it around? What if his drafts were all bowing and katowing to Smith and his whims? It's been speculated that reaches like Bazuin, Okwo and others were all Smith loves that JA gave in on. What if he starts drafting in spite of Smith's desires and actually starts hitting it?

If all that happens, maybe this curent situation can work.

Odds are it won't.

But at least for a few moments, I'm going to sit back with a good cigar, my glass of Kool-Aid w/ Scotch and ponder the possibility. I'm not banking on it. But I'll let this sliver of hope permeate my brain. I need to at least have some Yang w/ my Yin.

:cheers

What if: if and buts were candy and nuts, it would be Christmas all year long.

Sorry to pee in your flavored kool-aid.

Everyone seems to be getting on board w/ Martz, though there did not seem to be nearly so much positive feedback on the idea of his hire before it actually happened. Regardless, I just can't get too excited.

For the longest time (unfortunately) I've been complaining up a storm over this regime. Realistically, I don't see any reason to stop complaining until actual results happen. However, I'm going to relent a tad and take a swig from Pix's kool-aid jug. Of course, I'm putting a dram of Scotch in it to keep me honest...but I digress.

As a kid, I remember a comic book called. "What If?". Its premise was to play out the universe as if something else happened. For instance, an example could be "What if the Fanastic Four had different powers?" The comic would then go about showing how the "universe" would change, etc due to that premise. I recall it being interesting, but I thought Speed Racer was cool until I saw a cartoon of it not too long ago...realizing it was pretty awful. But the premise still stands, and I'm going to play the game...

1. What If: Martz actually does the job. You know, making Cutler Warner-esque. Getting massive points and yards from the O.

2. What If: Tice does his job. You know, the O-line gels like it hinted at at the end of last season. Williams proves worthy of his draft status, etc. In other words these guys to a decent job protecting Jay and making a few holes for the few times Martz had Forte run it.

3. What If: Whatever DC hire is brought on does his job. And I don't mean putting on knee pads and lining up in front of Smith for favors. I mean, being a damn DC. Putting his own take on the Smith 2. Like Rivera did. You'll get some bad, but maybe mostly good.

4. What If: The players play like men. They stop aligator arming. They start pushing people around. They make better decisions. The play smart and tough.

5. What If: Smith makes like Smith and just disappears. Basically, just letting the coordinators run the show. Assuming the coordinators do their jobs as mentioned earlier, Smith could just be a figure-head. Seriously. You could even get a cardboard cut out of him and place it on the sidelines and few would probably notice. It's amazing what Adobe Photoshop can do these days! But really...what if he just gets out of the way?

6. What If: Angelo has just had a bad run and turns it around? What if his drafts were all bowing and katowing to Smith and his whims? It's been speculated that reaches like Bazuin, Okwo and others were all Smith loves that JA gave in on. What if he starts drafting in spite of Smith's desires and actually starts hitting it?

If all that happens, maybe this curent situation can work.

Odds are it won't.

But at least for a few moments, I'm going to sit back with a good cigar, my glass of Kool-Aid w/ Scotch and ponder the possibility. I'm not banking on it. But I'll let this sliver of hope permeate my brain. I need to at least have some Yang w/ my Yin.

And if it were Chrismas all year long I'd want to kill someone for having to listen to holiday tunes all damn year long!

Save your pee for "Workplaces Gone Wild" on the Fox Reality Channel please...it belongs nowhere near a fine Scotch and kool-ad.

Not sure if you got the gyst of my post. I'm not necessarily on board with the hire. Would you think a guy sitting back enjoying a cigar and a drink is bouncing off the walls with excitement? It's contemplative... I'm just pondering the possibility of something positive.

Everyone seems to be getting on board w/ Martz, though there did not seem to be nearly so much positive feedback on the idea of his hire before it actually happened. Regardless, I just can't get too excited.

Man, did I set off the wrong vibe here?!!!

I'm probalby more skeptical of this than virtually everyone here.

I'm just taking a moment from my usual barrage of anger towards the current regime to ponder the possibility of something positive. I never said I expect it. Far from it...

Dang, you say one positive thing and all of a sudden everyone thinks you're a positive person!

F that!

We're F'ed! We're doomed! This is all a sham! Ahhhh...that feels better... ;)

There's probably as much reason for skepticism as their is for hope. Maybe more.

Man, did I set off the wrong vibe here?!!!

I'm probalby more skeptical of this than virtually everyone here.

I'm just taking a moment from my usual barrage of anger towards the current regime to ponder the possibility of something positive. I never said I expect it. Far from it...

Dang, you say one positive thing and all of a sudden everyone thinks you're a positive person!

F that!

We're F'ed! We're doomed! This is all a sham! Ahhhh...that feels better... ;)

Whew!! I was getting worried there for a while until I scrolled down to this post. Nice to see the sensible Madlith is still in there! Then again, What If?????

Hell, from what everyone tells me that, "We Are All Crazy In Chicago" and didn't Johnny & The Leisure Suits have a song by that title? Either way I am with Mad on this and just appreciate his spin to attempt to see something positive from what has transpired since January 4th. Personally I am more depressed about this team and the way it continues to slide down hill versus being the strong franchise it is supposed to be as the founding franchise of this league. I'll forget it about more once the Bowl is over on Sunday and will focus even more on the Blackhawks and their lack of a legitimate Stanley Cup goalie, the ineptitude that also resides in the United Center with the Blackhawks and know as well that pitchers and catchers report for spring training in about another two weeks or so. Granted when the end of July comes around and training camp opens, I will be just as excited about a new season until reality sinks in once again.

Ha!

The "Mad" has a dual meaning...I'm usually irritated and also somewhat crazy! :P

I think so!

Here's hoping we can hang our hats on something this coming season! (Even if it's pink slips for the current regime...)

Hell, from what everyone tells me that, "We Are All Crazy In Chicago" and didn't Johnny & The Leisure Suits have a song by that title? Either way I am with Mad on this and just appreciate his spin to attempt to see something positive from what has transpired since January 4th. Personally I am more depressed about this team and the way it continues to slide down hill versus being the strong franchise it is supposed to be as the founding franchise of this league. I'll forget it about more once the Bowl is over on Sunday and will focus even more on the Blackhawks and their lack of a legitimate Stanley Cup goalie, the ineptitude that also resides in the United Center with the Blackhawks and know as well that pitchers and catchers report for spring training in about another two weeks or so. Granted when the end of July comes around and training camp opens, I will be just as excited about a new season until reality sinks in once again.

You KNOW I wanted the Martz hire to happen. I've been on board for over a year, since I called for Turner's firing and Martz's hiring after the 2008 season.