Predict Cutler's numbers with Martz!

jason

Passing: 4,150

About 500 more yards than this past year. Martz aggressive scheme and playcalling wil lift the yardage numbers, as will the emergence (IMHO) of DA. Below what he had in Denver, but as much as I might like our receivers, we do not have Marchall/Royal.

Passing TDs: 20.

Few than he had this year, but I think, especially in the red zone, we will struggle. Both he and the receivers have to learn a drastically new system where even the terminology is totally different (from words to numbers). Then factor in our playing what looks like one hell of a tough schedule, and I see fewer scores.

Ints: 27

This is a big concern of mine. More than in the past, passes will be thrown based on where a WR "should" be. When the QB and WR are not on the same page, such passes often lead to increased turnorvers. Further, I think our D will suck, which will once again put Cutler in a situation where he likely feels the need to be more aggressive and force throws. Finally, I think he will throw the ball more than 600 times, which will lead to more picks.

Completion % - 58%

As I said, I just fear Cutler and the WRs will struggle to get on the same page and show chemistry in such a drastically new system. Few called our WRs the smartest group to begin with, and to ask so many young WRs who were just developed in one system to learn a totally new system may be asking a bit too much. QB and WR not being on the same page leads to passes that are off the mark.

Long - 95

There will be a lot of lows, but also some really big highs, and I think we will see Cutler connect a couple times on DEEP balls.

Sacks - 50

Here is the other area I am really worried. I do not trust Angelo to truly upgrade our OL. Even though I think our OL finished stronger, and I like Tice, I still see a lot of problems. Though Tice is in charge of the OL, Martz likes to call protection schemes, and I read he often loves to leave his OTs on islands and avoids chip blocks. Then throw in the liklihood of our using far more 5 and 7 step drops, and I see Cutler potentially getting killed. Martz has not had much by way of mobile QBs, and while that is true, he also has not shown that he will move the pocket. Until he does so, I have to believe he will have Cutler sitting in the pocket, but unlike this year, he will also be asking Cutler to hold the ball longer, which is going to lead to more sacks. Martz likes counts on the TE to block, which ours can not. Martz requires the OL to hold their blocks longer, which our can not. Finally, throw in our being a pass happy scheme, and I see defenses simply teeing off and attacking the hell out of Cutler.

There are going to be some highlight reel plays to get fans excited, and I think we will see more pass yards. Unfortunately, I don't think that will often enough translate to scores, and fear it will more often lead to picks and sacks, not to mention losses.

Passing Yards: 4400 :cheers

Passing TDs: 35 :headbang

Interceptions: 18 <_>

Completion %: 62 :cheers

Long: 90 :blink:

Sacks: 38 :unsure:

:bringit

I think the most significant stat Martz will bring is a greater deficit in "Time of Possession". This will place our weak Defense on the the field a lot longer than it should. That's not a Cutler stat, but it does keep it real.

It think Cutler improves on yards, TD's and breaks even on int's this year, but gets killed in the process.

Passing: 4,150

About 500 more yards than this past year. Martz aggressive scheme and playcalling wil lift the yardage numbers, as will the emergence (IMHO) of DA. Below what he had in Denver, but as much as I might like our receivers, we do not have Marchall/Royal.

Passing TDs: 20.

Few than he had this year, but I think, especially in the red zone, we will struggle. Both he and the receivers have to learn a drastically new system where even the terminology is totally different (from words to numbers). Then factor in our playing what looks like one hell of a tough schedule, and I see fewer scores.

Ints: 27

This is a big concern of mine. More than in the past, passes will be thrown based on where a WR "should" be. When the QB and WR are not on the same page, such passes often lead to increased turnorvers. Further, I think our D will suck, which will once again put Cutler in a situation where he likely feels the need to be more aggressive and force throws. Finally, I think he will throw the ball more than 600 times, which will lead to more picks.

Completion % - 58%

As I said, I just fear Cutler and the WRs will struggle to get on the same page and show chemistry in such a drastically new system. Few called our WRs the smartest group to begin with, and to ask so many young WRs who were just developed in one system to learn a totally new system may be asking a bit too much. QB and WR not being on the same page leads to passes that are off the mark.

Long - 95

There will be a lot of lows, but also some really big highs, and I think we will see Cutler connect a couple times on DEEP balls.

Sacks - 50

Here is the other area I am really worried. I do not trust Angelo to truly upgrade our OL. Even though I think our OL finished stronger, and I like Tice, I still see a lot of problems. Though Tice is in charge of the OL, Martz likes to call protection schemes, and I read he often loves to leave his OTs on islands and avoids chip blocks. Then throw in the liklihood of our using far more 5 and 7 step drops, and I see Cutler potentially getting killed. Martz has not had much by way of mobile QBs, and while that is true, he also has not shown that he will move the pocket. Until he does so, I have to believe he will have Cutler sitting in the pocket, but unlike this year, he will also be asking Cutler to hold the ball longer, which is going to lead to more sacks. Martz likes counts on the TE to block, which ours can not. Martz requires the OL to hold their blocks longer, which our can not. Finally, throw in our being a pass happy scheme, and I see defenses simply teeing off and attacking the hell out of Cutler.

There are going to be some highlight reel plays to get fans excited, and I think we will see more pass yards. Unfortunately, I don't think that will often enough translate to scores, and fear it will more often lead to picks and sacks, not to mention losses.

I can see someone debating any of the statistics one way or another, but there is no way in hell he has less passing TDs next year than he had this year. No way. I can't believe you think that.

Passing Yards: 4100 (More passes = more yards)

Passing TDs: 30 (2nd year with receivers should yield improved numbers as we are able to stretch the field.)

Interceptions: 24 (INTs will still be high, but down from last year). I don't envision any 4 INT disasters.

Completion Pct: 62.5% (Slightly improved percentage as communication between QB and WR's should improve)

Long: 80 (Doubt we will be inside the 20 with our returners, so an 80 yarder seems feasible).

Sacks: 40 (Improvement from the O-Line negated by more passing plays)

Sorry, but I do in fact believe it.

With Turner, while it was a different system, it was still similar, and the terminology was the same. There was a far less learning curve than there will be w/ Martz. That learning curve, IMHO, will affect both Cutler and the WRs.

I also think that, even if our OL is slightly improved, we could see Cutler under a ton more pressure. The first Minny game aside, Turner would often use RBs to chip block pass rushers, but that is not something Martz often does. Martz leaves his OTs exposed and relies on them to not only block on an island, but do so on 5 and 7 step drops. That is going to hurt.

Also, just take a look at our schedule. Things change every year, but right now, our 2010 schedule looks pretty damn tough, and far tougher than our 2009 schedule.

So we will be in a new system which screamed learning curve. I question how well this system is suited for our talent. And we will be facing stronger competetion than this past year.

Sorry, but as much as I would love to believe Cutler has even as many, much less more, scores than this past year, I just don't see it. I think he will have fewer scores, while his picks will remain high. He will have more yards, which is a near given in Martz system, but I do not think those yards will equal the big increase in TDs.

I can see someone debating any of the statistics one way or another, but there is no way in hell he has less passing TDs next year than he had this year. No way. I can't believe you think that.

Sorry, but I do in fact believe it.

With Turner, while it was a different system, it was still similar, and the terminology was the same. There was a far less learning curve than there will be w/ Martz. That learning curve, IMHO, will affect both Cutler and the WRs.

I also think that, even if our OL is slightly improved, we could see Cutler under a ton more pressure. The first Minny game aside, Turner would often use RBs to chip block pass rushers, but that is not something Martz often does. Martz leaves his OTs exposed and relies on them to not only block on an island, but do so on 5 and 7 step drops. That is going to hurt.

Also, just take a look at our schedule. Things change every year, but right now, our 2010 schedule looks pretty damn tough, and far tougher than our 2009 schedule.

So we will be in a new system which screamed learning curve. I question how well this system is suited for our talent. And we will be facing stronger competetion than this past year.

Sorry, but as much as I would love to believe Cutler has even as many, much less more, scores than this past year, I just don't see it. I think he will have fewer scores, while his picks will remain high. He will have more yards, which is a near given in Martz system, but I do not think those yards will equal the big increase in TDs.

Ok, so you being the pessimistic believing that our offense will really suck this year and we know that you believe that this defense will suck once again without a major change. What do you think our record will be. 1-15. maybe 2-14

I didn't necessarily say our offense would "suck". I said they would not be consistent. I think I had Cutler tossing about 20 Tds. Also, while it may not have been mentioned, I think Gould could have a ton of FGs. I said I think Cutler will increase his yards by about 500. I just don't think we will be consistent in the red zone, which is going to lead to a lot of Gould FGs. No, I don't think our offense will be that good, but I don't think I ever said they would suck.

On defense, yea, I kinda do believe we will suck. We have sucked for the last three seasons, and I don't really see why many would be that optimistic about our outlook for next year. If we added a great DC, I am not sure he really has that much to work with, and it doesn't look like we are likely to add a great DL.

I am also considering our schedule next year, which is no cake walk.

Home: Detroit, Green Bay, Minnesota, Philadelphia, Washington, New England, N.Y. Jets, Seattle

Away: Detroit, Green Bay, Minnesota, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Buffalo, Miami, Carolina

GB, Minny, Phily, NE, NYJ are all very good teams, and should be again next year. Who knows w/ Wash. They are not a great team by any means, but I would say upgraded considerably in terms of coaching, and are more likely than most to see big FA activity. I honestly don't know about Seattle. Lets say we win against Det, Wash and Seattle at home.

Away games are always harder, but at the same time, we have some easier opponents. Dallas is a pretty dang good team, as much as I hate to say that. I should be at the game, so I will be praying for a win. Buffalo and Det are very winnable. Miami is a pretty good team, but is not great. Carolina is as up/down as we are, but it should also be noted they went 4-1 after benching Delhomme. Moore is nothing special, but they have a great run game and a lesser QB can do well. So away, I see 4 winnable games. Lets say we win 3 of those 4.

For the record, when I say we have games against winnable teams, that doesn't mean to imply there is no chance to win against the other teams. More a matter of that I question whether we should expect to win.

I think we will finish the season w/ about 6, maybe 7 wins. I think we will likely finish the year winning a couple games that are meaningless, and as our teams starts to gell a little more, but by that time it will be too late.

Ok, so you being the pessimistic believing that our offense will really suck this year and we know that you believe that this defense will suck once again without a major change. What do you think our record will be. 1-15. maybe 2-14

For what its worth:

4850-4900 yards passing. (He will scare a lot with closing in on 5,000)

35-38 TD's

19 INT's

20 +/- Sacks (which could nullify most other stats)

And 10 Rushing TD's.

I envision Martz doing a lot of his "greatest show on turf" but a fair amount of rollouts for Cutler.

Additionally, Forte will resemble Faulk a lot. I see him doing more outside running and a lot of screens and catches out of the backfield.

For what its worth:

4850-4900 yards passing. (He will scare a lot with closing in on 5,000)

35-38 TD's

19 INT's

20 +/- Sacks (which could nullify most other stats)

And 10 Rushing TD's.

I envision Martz doing a lot of his "greatest show on turf" but a fair amount of rollouts for Cutler.

Additionally, Forte will resemble Faulk a lot. I see him doing more outside running and a lot of screens and catches out of the backfield.

My god, if you are even remotely correct with this we not only win division but could make it far in the playoffs.

He'll throw for more yards but he'll throw just as many if not more (which is scary to think) int's than last year! Cutler is the exact opposite of a QB you want to work with Martz. Can you imagine how many sacks Cutler will have with Martz's 7 step drops?! Oh my god I don't even want to think about that with our awful offensive line. But I'll go ahead and play nice and predict his stats like the rest of you..

TD's: 31

INT's: 25

Yards: 4200

1,000,000 sacks..

He'll throw for more yards but he'll throw just as many if not more (which is scary to think) int's than last year! Cutler is the exact opposite of a QB you want to work with Martz. Can you imagine how many sacks Cutler will have with Martz's 7 step drops?! Oh my god I don't even want to think about that with our awful offensive line. But I'll go ahead and play nice and predict his stats like the rest of you..

TD's: 31

INT's: 25

Yards: 4200

1,000,000 sacks..

Why do you think Cutler is the exact opposite of a QB to work within a Martz system. I believe he is perfect for the system. Martz wants a strong armed QB with that is accurate and has the ability to hit someone downfield. This is exactly what Cutler is. I don't know if the system is right for us considering the other personel that we currently have but IMO Cutler is a good fit. I do agree that he could take a lot of sacks this year though because of how bad the Oline is. Lets hope that FA can bring someone new and that Tice can help bring them up to being a good Oline very quickly.