final hires

bowlingtwig

Swell.

The D will not be good enough, and whatever "genius" Marinelli might have had on the DL will be watered down.

Brad Biggs just posted on his twitter account that we have promoted Rod Marinelli to D cordinator, the asst d line coach eric washington was promoted to d line coach and we also hired Shane Day as the new QB coach.

Then Lovie and JA will be gone and we will all be happy. Why sweat it. ;)

Peace :dabears

Cause we'll hire another Coordinator to coach the team, he'll do well the first season or whatever we'll give him more money and then more of the same...i honestly believe now this organization isn't going to do JACK**** until the McCaskeys are run out of town one way or the other. Its a bunch of loonies running the ship.

Cause we'll hire another Coordinator to coach the team, he'll do well the first season or whatever we'll give him more money and then more of the same...i honestly believe now this organization isn't going to do JACK**** until the McCaskeys are run out of town one way or the other. Its a bunch of loonies running the ship.

Heres an idea then, start cheering for another team. I don't like what lovie has done either but at least some of us believe that maybe just maybe the team can get better.

thats a damn good idea...

I am basing this on Wanny, Jauron, Lovie...not just love.

Sounds like your glass is way more than "half-empty". Maybe, just maybe, Marinelli should have gone this route before jumping from DL coach with the Bucs to HC with the Kitties. And he's got his ol' bud Love in the next office to bounce ideas off of. And you know that Lovie ain't gonna be in Martz's office for long. Hell, perhaps they can get it right. I'm loading up on some Martz-Cutler flavor Kool Aid and hoping that the good ole boys can get something done with bailing wire on the D side of the ball this season.

I'm just an old optimist who lives in the dream worl of the '85 Bears, ignoring all the other crap Ive seen through this ride. Hell, at this rate, 2011 won't even have football and this coaching unit will stay in place sos the team can save the cash.

Twig, let him vent. It's healthy to release the frustration. We've had a lot to endure for a while now.

I will discourage any Bears fan to start rooting for another team.

Because all other teams suck. There is only one cool team, and that team resides in the city of Chicago. The current product may be a turd, but at least we are iconic as a logo.

Last I checked....

1. Only one team did a viedo that anyone remembers

2. Guys that played for the 85 team over 25 years ago are still propped

3. We have had the 2 best RB to ever play the game

4. We have had the best LB to ever play the game

5. We have had the first TE inducted to the HoF

6. Our owner created the leage

7. SNL had a skit a decade ago that is still referenced as on of the best

8. Our navy color is kickass

9. The team resides in Chicago. Good food, good times, good people.

10. etc...

Heres an idea then, start cheering for another team. I don't like what lovie has done either but at least some of us believe that maybe just maybe the team can get better.

:puke Lovie's son! Wait, here it comes again. :puke Nuf said.

Yeah, I know what you mean. When I read that I felt like puking. I am really disgusted that Lovie was unwilling to wait until Monday to interview the guy from Indy just because he said awhile ago that he wanted the staff to be completed by Super Bowl. Then I read that Lovie's son gets a job as a quality coach for the defense. Please tell me what has he possibly have done to deserve this job besides the fact of who his father is. I hate it when people get jobs just because of family members instead of what they did to deserve the job. I have a possibility of getting a job with my fathers company but I still have to go through school and everything else before he will take me on.

Yeah, I know what you mean. When I read that I felt like puking. I am really disgusted that Lovie was unwilling to wait until Monday to interview the guy from Indy just because he said awhile ago that he wanted the staff to be completed by Super Bowl. Then I read that Lovie's son gets a job as a quality coach for the defense. Please tell me what has he possibly have done to deserve this job besides the fact of who his father is. I hate it when people get jobs just because of family members instead of what they did to deserve the job. I have a possibility of getting a job with my fathers company but I still have to go through school and everything else before he will take me on.

I wouldn't get to worked up about quality control coaches. They are basically just go fers and do the grunt work. They dont actually coach any players at all.

Twig, let him vent. It's healthy to release the frustration. We've had a lot to endure for a while now.

I will discourage any Bears fan to start rooting for another team.

Because all other teams suck. There is only one cool team, and that team resides in the city of Chicago. The current product may be a turd, but at least we are iconic as a logo.

Last I checked....

1. Only one team did a viedo that anyone remembers

2. Guys that played for the 85 team over 25 years ago are still propped

3. We have had the 2 best RB to ever play the game

4. We have had the best LB to ever play the game

5. We have had the first TE inducted to the HoF

6. Our owner created the leage

7. SNL had a skit a decade ago that is still referenced as on of the best

8. Our navy color is kickass

9. The team resides in Chicago. Good food, good times, good people.

10. etc...

Nicely done MadLith. This is the most optimistic I've seen you in awhile. What's this world coming to? I also agreed twice in one week with Terra Tor. Holy Cow.

And DaBearzSox... you do know that that McCaskey's are direct decendants of #6 that MadLith referenced above right? To not have them in the mix would be like taking the apple out of the pie.

I wouldn't get to worked up about quality control coaches. They are basically just go fers and do the grunt work. They dont actually coach any players at all.

Yea I knew that, I was mainly referring to the boys club Lovie continues to have reign over. Now, we're wasting an intern type spot on his kid. You have that luxury with a winning program, not this one. Just one more example that Lovie does not get it.

Yea I knew that, I was mainly referring to the boys club Lovie continues to have reign over. Now, we're wasting an intern type spot on his kid. You have that luxury with a winning program, not this one. Just one more example that Lovie does not get it.

lol

Quality control positions are usually given out as favors. For example, the old head coach from the high school our staff took over knew Rob Ryan. So when he didn't have a high school head coaching gig, Ryan threw him a bone and he was the defensive quality control coach. This was a 57 year old man. Not some young guy looking to "intern".

You want to scream good ol boy network for Martz and Marinelli, then thats legit. But to cry about Lovie's kid getting a job that requires his to get coffee, set up cones, and hand out the film break downs to the players, is really just overkill.

How do you know the kid is not worthy of getting people coffee and setting up cones?

I agree, I know that it is just a quality control coach and you never hear anything about them. Its more of the fact that he continues to hire people that he knows extremely well. Who was Lovie trying to fool when he said at the press conference a month ago that he was excited to bring in a person with fresh ideas. I like Marinelli but he is far from fresh ideas.

I agree, I know that it is just a quality control coach and you never hear anything about them. Its more of the fact that he continues to hire people that he knows extremely well. Who was Lovie trying to fool when he said at the press conference a month ago that he was excited to bring in a person with fresh ideas. I like Marinelli but he is far from fresh ideas.

Yeah but you have to understand that usually coaches and going to deal with people they know or that somebody they know has recommended. Its just the way it is, usually.

I agree with you that it goes against what he said, but things usually do with Lovie.

Yeah but you have to understand that usually coaches and going to deal with people they know or that somebody they know has recommended. Its just the way it is, usually.

I agree with you that it goes against what he said, but things usually do with Lovie.

I understand hiring friends and stuff unfortunately with Lovie, that is all he has done really. Its more of a trend that anything else. Most of us knew that this was going to happen. Not shocked at all.

Well put!

This is about as fresh as bleu cheese...