Tell me how this happens????

Guest TerraTor

You mean from a team that went 7-9 with no talent on defense and an offense that accumulated over 5100 yards with Jon Kitna at QB?

When Matt Millen is buying your groceries, it doesn't matter how good the chefs are.

Good to hear from you LT. Your right. Matt Millen was the one responsible for drafting all those WR's. If people remember right Martz had said that he wanted Jay Cutler coming out of the draft and had rated him extremely high.

You mean from a team that went 7-9 with no talent on defense and an offense that accumulated over 5100 yards with Jon Kitna at QB?

When Matt Millen is buying your groceries, it doesn't matter how good the chefs are.

Yep. Not much more to say. Millen undoubtedly was the constant force behind a consistently unimpressive team. The Bears are no Lions. And Cowher won't need bother apply after the Bears make the playoffs next season.

Doesn't matter because in a year this entire staff will be all gone INCLUDING LOVIE because Bill Cowher is coming to town to bring Chi-Town another Superbowl :cheers

If we're looking at no new CBA by this time next year, I'd bank on Lovie being back no matter how bad we suck.

That is what I thought originally, but after thinking about it more, I don't think so.

Assuming record sucks, I think Lovie is gone either way.

I believe the argument/logic for keeping Lovie is to avoid paying two coaches (Lovie and whoever we hire) to not work. Is that really the case though? Even if there is not a new CBA in place, whoever we hire would have plenty of work to do from assembling and getting up to speed his staff to scouting the college ranks. At some point, if there is still now CBA, sure the staff would have less to do and we would be paying two coaches, regardless, I still think they would do it.

Something to consider is this. If there is a lockout, there will be some really ticked off fans. You can bet that owners know what happened to baseball, and will be concerned about the loss of popularity. However, if we were to hire (for example) Cowher, how do you think Bear fans will be when actions does return. More than most teams, there would be huge hype among bear fans.

Nothing would surprise me at this point, however, I honestly do believe if we have a bad season, CBA or no, Lovie is gone (and Angelo too).

If we're looking at no new CBA by this time next year, I'd bank on Lovie being back no matter how bad we suck.

That is what I thought originally, but after thinking about it more, I don't think so.

Assuming record sucks, I think Lovie is gone either way.

I believe the argument/logic for keeping Lovie is to avoid paying two coaches (Lovie and whoever we hire) to not work. Is that really the case though? Even if there is not a new CBA in place, whoever we hire would have plenty of work to do from assembling and getting up to speed his staff to scouting the college ranks. At some point, if there is still now CBA, sure the staff would have less to do and we would be paying two coaches, regardless, I still think they would do it.

Something to consider is this. If there is a lockout, there will be some really ticked off fans. You can bet that owners know what happened to baseball, and will be concerned about the loss of popularity. However, if we were to hire (for example) Cowher, how do you think Bear fans will be when actions does return. More than most teams, there would be huge hype among bear fans.

Nothing would surprise me at this point, however, I honestly do believe if we have a bad season, CBA or no, Lovie is gone (and Angelo too).

Pretty much agree. But, will also remain leary because I simply don't trust the board to do what is best for the team at this point. This is going to be one looong off-season for me.