Question about the CBA

CrackerDog

My question is, assuming this season goes off without a renewal of the CBA and there is no resolution to the problems keeping ownership and players from agreeing, could we see scab football again in 2011? I was reminded of that horror by the fact that Peyton was our QB back during the CareBear era.

Is there something in labor law that would prevent that this time around or can the owners declare a deadlock and hire scabs to fill the uniforms and break the union?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but here's my understanding: if the CBA isn't renewed, then the union doesn't have exclusive rights with regard to player hires, which would mean that the owners would be free to hire non-union players in 2011. So yeah, I think technically there could be scabs. However, I can't see that really happening. The owners are making too much money to lock out the players and replace them with no-names, and any scab players would have to know that they'd be severely compromising their careers by crossing the players' union. I just don't see a lockout happening: everybody stands to lose a ton of money, both owners and players.