Holt to the Bears?

Wesson44

Bears | Holt says he would be good fit for offense

Comment (0)

Sat, 13 Feb 2010 06:46:12 -0800

Updating a previous item, ESPNChicago.com reports free-agent WR Torry Holt (Jaguars) said during a radio interview Friday, Feb. 12, that he would be a good fit for the Chicago Bears offense due to his relationship with new offensive coordinator Mike Martz. "I think I could fit in really well with that ballclub and add a really good veteran presence," Holt said. "In (Martz's) system you've got to be able to run," Holt aded. "That's one of the things I would tell those guys, you better be able to run, and you better be cerebral to learn, and you better have thick skin because he is so demanding. You are working with a guy who is a perfectionist. If you can't do those three things and you're not tough and you're not willing to go and block and be efficient and be quick you will not play in his system."

Guest TerraTor

Comment (0)

Updating a previous item, ESPNChicago.com reports free-agent WR Torry Holt (Jaguars) said during a radio interview Friday, Feb. 12, that he would be a good fit for the Chicago Bears offense due to his relationship with new offensive coordinator Mike Martz. "I think I could fit in really well with that ballclub and add a really good veteran presence," Holt said. "In (Martz's) system you've got to be able to run," Holt aded. "That's one of the things I would tell those guys, you better be able to run, and you better be cerebral to learn, and you better have thick skin because he is so demanding. You are working with a guy who is a perfectionist. If you can't do those three things and you're not tough and you're not willing to go and block and be efficient and be quick you will not play in his system."

fits right in being washed up

Comment (0)

One VERY good reason why Holt would be a good addition to the Bears roster. I don't think that it would need to be any longer than one year so that he could "help" out and nurture the youngsters.

Do it.