What would it take to make you happy?

DABEARSDABOMB

I personally see the Bears signing two starters on defense, both with the potential to be high impact guys. I'm thinking safety and De are the positions they target and the team will get one of Kapman/Peppers.

On the offensive side of the ball, I see the Bears doing very little (Cutler and our young wide-outs should all get better), but they will sign an above average back-up running back who could start (ie, LT/Vikes Backup/Jamaal Lewis, etc).

To me I'd be really happy if we did that.

Guest TerraTor

The only thing with Kampman is that hes coming off a major injury. Peppers would be the first legit FA signing weve had in a long time. A true starting FS/SS is a desperate need as well, so i certainly agree there. Just looks like there are band-aids there however.

I dont see much improvement without getting a WR or at least getting a new starter on the offensive line. Williams looked like a keeper at LT, which is surprising. RT is a big problem and Omiyale looks awful on just about every snap at G. I also wouldnt mind a FB.

Am i alone in thinking McKie is no good?

Nah, I think everyone would agree with you. He is absolutely nothing special.

Omilaye is probably going to move to the RT and compete with Shaffer. Usually I'd say we need to do better in that area, but there just won't be any FA options out there. I do think if a veteran guard were to come available, we should consider signing one (since the coaches don't seem to be all that high on Beekman as a starting guard and as a backup he's very valuable).

Guest TerraTor
Nah, I think everyone would agree with you. He is absolutely nothing special.

Omilaye is probably going to move to the RT and compete with Shaffer. Usually I'd say we need to do better in that area, but there just won't be any FA options out there. I do think if a veteran guard were to come available, we should consider signing one (since the coaches don't seem to be all that high on Beekman as a starting guard and as a backup he's very valuable).

I dont know too much about the whole new CBA and free agency, but it seems like it really limited/diminished the amount of OT.

I personally see the Bears signing two starters on defense, both with the potential to be high impact guys. I'm thinking safety and De are the positions they target and the team will get one of Kapman/Peppers.

On the offensive side of the ball, I see the Bears doing very little (Cutler and our young wide-outs should all get better), but they will sign an above average back-up running back who could start (ie, LT/Vikes Backup/Jamaal Lewis, etc).

Aside from Lovie finding sudden opportunity elsewhere. I would like to see a top notch OG drafted or signed via FA. Then a draft heavy on defense, with another FA signing or two. Problem is, I don't see a whole lot of difference makers out there. I think our team is flush with role players with difference makers being the greatest need.

Firing Smith and Angelo...

But, more realistically....I'd be fairly content with improving both lines and adding a legit S. All slots need to be fairly young...