Peter Fonda...1985 Bears fan

madlithuanian

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44011

Capone: When you two were working together, did you feel like you were doing something rebellious or something that was feeding what they now call the “Counter Culture?”

PF: Me and Roger? I had seen some of Roger’s films, once I knew that I was going to be interviewed [by Corman], I thought “Well I better check out some stuff.” I was impressed by what he was able to pull out from the core of zip and make something of substance. And I met him for a film that was untitled. I showed up looking really bizarre. I had a pair of glasses on that Brian Jones had given me, and they were kind of octagonal, but there was a mirror on the top, but it had sharp edges; it wasn’t gradient or anything like that. I wore an Office of Naval Intelligence–Chicago Branch badge number 7, which came from my dear friend Stormy McDonald’s father, Commander McDonald here, of the Zenith Corporation. He made the most expensive portable radios and the least expensive hearing aides, because his daughter was hard of hearing in one ear. He was an interesting man.

I have a great deal of respect for the people of Chicago for their perseverance, also I have to have a fondness in my heart for Walter Payton, Jim McMahon and those great Bears players That was so cool. I remember when everyone thought that Sweetness was going to head up a team in the NFL, because he one of the nicest men I have ever met. I’ve met a lot of sports figures. McMahon was this hot head--wonderful--just what we wanted and of course he butts heads against Mike Ditka.

Capone: That was 25 years ago that Super Bowl.

PF: Well it just seems like yesterday.