Tomlinson

bowlingtwig

I love LT, but I think either he has to come down to Earth a tad, or another team has to step up to him.

Per PFT,

"but said he was unhappy with his workload in San Diego and wouldn't consider a pay cut. For reference, Tomlinson saw 243 touches and was set to make $5 million for the Chargers."

It happens all the time. A star player's game drops over time, but others seem to realize it before they do. If he still believe he is a workhorse, should be signed as one and paid as one, then I don't think he would fit with us.

Let me just ask this too. If you were LT, would you want to sign w/ us? We have a pass happy OC, and while many can argue either side, it is simply an unknown how much we will run the ball at all, much less enough to make him happy. We hope to improve, but based on last year's OL blocking, how many RBs want to come here. Oh yea, and we suck (total team). It will depend on options, but a player like LT is more likely to seek a job w/ a team that has more playoff promise than we.

I just don't really see the fit here.

Its official. LT has been released. Let the speculation continue.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4936783

Guest TerraTor
Not interested.

He wants to start, and we're not a good fit.

He needs to go to someplace like Washington...they'll pay and probably let him start.

overpay most likely

Yeah, I totally agree. His play fell off a cliff this year. LT's awesome, but I can't remember the last time a 30-year-old running back lost a step like he has and then came back the next season. Maybe Corey Dillon when he went to the Pats, but he had fewer than 2000 career carries when they traded him...LT's closing in on 3000 at this point. He's an awesome player, but there can't be much tread left on his tires.

Another guy that comes to mind is Otis Anderson...but I'm still not interested.

Yeah, I totally agree. His play fell off a cliff this year. LT's awesome, but I can't remember the last time a 30-year-old running back lost a step like he has and then came back the next season. Maybe Corey Dillon when he went to the Pats, but he had fewer than 2000 career carries when they traded him...LT's closing in on 3000 at this point. He's an awesome player, but there can't be much tread left on his tires.