Thanks from Chile

ChileBear

Again, I'm really appreciative for the concern of all of you here. Fortunately for me and my family we had little damage to the house--a few broke things-and we are all safe and now have elctricity, gas and water. There still are many here, just around the block as a matter of fact, that do not have electricity yet. My work at the university has been suspended pending an evaluation of the infrastructure and the arrival of electricity there.

Santiago is about 200 miles north of the epicenter and mostly very old buildings, many historical sites and the very newer ones--mostly lower income housing--suffered the most damage here.

Down south, though, between the earthquake and the tsunami there is alot of devestation.

This was my first "official" earthquake--larger than 7--and I don't care to experiene another. But Chile is a hotbed of quakes and we will probably have others before too long.

Thank you all for your concern and I look forward to a more peaceful pursuit of rebuilding the Bears and "disussing" it with all of you. God bless.

Mark

Hopefully all this Bear-talk can be a pleasant distraction for you! (Albeit given that the state of affairs at Hallas hall isn't so pleasant!)

Again, I'm really appreciative for the concern of all of you here. Fortunately for me and my family we had little damage to the house--a few broke things-and we are all safe and now have elctricity, gas and water. There still are many here, just around the block as a matter of fact, that do not have electricity yet. My work at the university has been suspended pending an evaluation of the infrastructure and the arrival of electricity there.

Santiago is about 200 miles north of the epicenter and mostly very old buildings, many historical sites and the very newer ones--mostly lower income housing--suffered the most damage here.

Down south, though, between the earthquake and the tsunami there is alot of devestation.

This was my first "official" earthquake--larger than 7--and I don't care to experiene another. But Chile is a hotbed of quakes and we will probably have others before too long.

Thank you all for your concern and I look forward to a more peaceful pursuit of rebuilding the Bears and "disussing" it with all of you. God bless.

Mark