I suggest a spot at Burger King

Guest TerraTor

Agreed. As bad as he played, he was playing a new position and it should also be considered that he was playing next to a horrible LT. Later in the season, his play did seem to improve, and that he played next to a better LT may have also been a factor.

The fact is, he was inexperienced when we added him, and we then switched positions. Still, his play was even worse than most who felt he would need time would have expected, but again, he did improve. We went out and got a guy who is supposedly good developing OL. Give Tice a chance. What can it hurt. If Omiyale fails, make sure you (a) have depth and (B) are ready to go to a backup plan. But I see no reason to get rid of him.

I believe his contract was front loaded. I see no reason to get rid of him now. He did actually look better at the end of the year. Let Tice work with him and see if he can 'coach him up'.

Peace :dabears

Gotta disagree with your take on the article. They are saying Omiyale will compete for a position, but will be left to compete for one of the those positions. Basically saying they are not going to jerk him around and hinder his development. (Like they have others) To me this is a good thing. I wish they would learn this with SS and FS.

I also wish they would stop evaluating talent in shorts as well. Lovie keeps saying, "we'll have to wait until we put the pads on". But how often do things ever change after pads go on?

Do they even put pads on? I thought such dressing wasn't allowed at the country club?

Gotta disagree with your take on the article. They are saying Omiyale will compete for a position, but will be left to compete for one of the those positions. Basically saying they are not going to jerk him around and hinder his development. (Like they have others) To me this is a good thing. I wish they would learn this with SS and FS.

I also wish they would stop evaluating talent in shorts as well. Lovie keeps saying, "we'll have to wait until we put the pads on". But how often do things ever change after pads go on?