nathan vasher heading for camp

Lucky Luciano

Larry Mayer

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=6591

Going to camp: Nathan Vasher played sparingly last season, registering just 13 tackles. But the Bears don't have any immediate plans to release the veteran cornerback.

Vasher made the Pro Bowl in 2005, but has struggled since signing a contract extension before the 2007 campaign, missing 20 games due to injuries and intercepting just one pass in each of the last three seasons.

“We paid him his money, so it doesn’t behoove us to let him go,” Angelo said. “We’re going to take him to training camp. He didn’t get a lot of playing time last year as we all know. When he did play, he looked OK to me.

"We like him. [There’s] no reason to do anything with him. If something happens in free agency, us wanting to do something, then we’d probably have to reassess our roster. But right now it’s business as usual.”

he looked OK to you? vasher has a base salary of $2.95 million in 2010. not bad for someone how far down the list from a starting position at CB? yup angie, it is business as usual.

Guest TerraTor
he looked OK to you? vasher has a base salary of $2.95 million in 2010. not bad for someone how far down the list from a starting position at CB? yup angie, it is business as usual.

If he was OK no wonder D.Manning gets so much praise

If he was OK no wonder D.Manning gets so much praise

the stuff that comes out of our GM's mouth is simply mindboggling. it "behooves" them to keep a player because we "paid him his money" already? what the hell does that mean?

this is vashers 7th year in the nfl. he should have been healed from any injury he suffered in 2007 last season if it was going to happen. does his play warrant even a backup slot on your roster and especially at nearly $3 mil against the cap with what we witnessed on the field? at this point in his career i can't even see potential anymore yet we not only pay out that kind of money but have to keep a spot on our roster and cut someone else to keep him.

if he thinks vasher played "OK" from what he saw then why did our coaching staff keep him on the bench even when we were desperate for corner play? is that a dig on lovie and his ship of fools?

No issue with taking him to camp. I wouldn't keep him on the team, however, unless he is starting.

Peace :dabears

Aw come on guys after my wife just got me Vasher's jersey for 12 bucks when she knows I don't like wearing a number of a player who is younger than me. So for selfish reasons I want Vasher to stay on the team LOL.