We are in for a battle

Wesson44

Rolle expected to visit Giants

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 4, 2010 11:17 PM ET

Antrel Rolle is taking full advantage of his head start to free agency.

The latest: Rolle is expected to visit with the Giants Friday morning, assuming he doesn't sign a contract before then. Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel writes that Rolle was offered a five-year contract by the Dolphins.

Chris Mortensen is hearing that the Rolle sweepstakes will come down to the Giants and Dolphins. (Even though the Bears were negotiating first.)

Soon-to-be former Cardinals teammate Darnell Dockett has an idea what's going to happen.

"I just talked to Antrell Rolle!! And I already know what's about to happen, mann I'm speechless I'm going to Bed. I'm done with twitter BYE!"

Clearly, OCNN has a lot to teach Dockett about scoopage.

Peppers-to-Redskins rumors go to full boil

Posted by Mike Florio on March 4, 2010 10:22 PM ET

Less than two hours until the start of free agency, rumors are flying that the Washington Redskins will soon be signing defensive end Julius Peppers.

The thinking had been that, if the Redskins decide they want Peppers, they'll get Peppers. It just wasn't clear whether the Redskins want Peppers.

Our pal Lance Zierlein of KGOW in Houston has reported, via Twitter, that the Redskins will come "charging hard" after Peppers and that he expects a deal to be done by tomorrow. Last year, Zierlein reported that the Redskins would land defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth days before it happened.

And we're hearing that the situation has progressed well beyond the Redskins "charging hard." We're hearing it's essentially done -- and that barring an unexpected development the only question is whether the deal will be announced before or after the sun rises in D.C.

That's bad news for the Bears, who had planned to make a strong push for Peppers.

Land rush for Antrel Rolle

Posted by Mike Florio on March 4, 2010 8:40 PM ET

Now that a $4 million roster bonus and an $8 million salary have gotten safety Antrel Rolle released by the Cardinals, multiple teams are hot on his trail.

Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune reports that Rolle's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, currently is negotiating with the Bears.

A league source has confirmed that the Bears are indeed chasing Rolle. We're also told that the Giants and Dolphins are pursuing Rolle, and that the Cardinals still hope to get him back.

Rolle, a top-ten pick in the bust-filled first round of the 2005 draft, started 15 games in 2009. For his career, he has appeared in 68 games, starting 61.

He entered the league as a cornerback, but he eventually was moved to safety.