Who goes - Clark or McKie?

Connorbear

Honestly, despite what we heard in recent days, I think it's Olsen. You saw some flashes from Kellen Davis last year, I think. If they can get a 2nd round pick for Olsen from the Patriots or someone else, you keep Clark, Manumaleuna, and Davis. In Martz's offense, I'm not convinced that Olsen would give you significantly different production than Clark would with the same role. You end up with a TE roster with pass-catcher (Clark), a blocker (Manumaleuna), and a young guy who can do a bit of both (Davis). Then, in another year, you can reassess whether you want to keep Clark around, if Davis can be a legit pass-catching threat, how Martz's offense is working. Plus, the glaring need that you don't seem lined up to address at the moment (free safety) is so deep in this draft that you can get a guy like Morgan Burnett or Nate Allen for the pick you'd get for Olsen.

Both?

I really like Clark, but maybe it is time to cut him loose and allow him to go somewhere where he may have a greater role. Mckie is crap, and as Martz doesn't really use a FB anyway, just get rid of him.

I would personally keep Clark around for 1 more year. McKie should have been gone 2 years ago instead of Lousaka Polite.

Peace :dabears

Adding another tight end to the mix may force the Bears to trim a member of the current group. However, Desmond Clark will pick up a $475,000 bonus for being on the 80-man roster Friday, so if the Bears were going to release Clark, it stands to reason the move would have occurred before the start of the new league year.
Link