Chester Taylor signs!

ScottBGKY

I think the last time we saw something like this was around '97 or '98 when we signed Phillip Daniels and Thomas Smith, I think, on the same day. It may not seem like it today, but those were two of the top FAs on the market. I think Daniels was the 2nd best DE and Smith was the top CB available. Each signed a deal that looks like chump change today, but were record deals for the Bears back then.

Have the Bears ever signed this many marquee players in one day?

You are right. Lets hope these deals work out better than those did.

I think the last time we saw something like this was around '97 or '98 when we signed Phillip Daniels and Thomas Smith, I think, on the same day. It may not seem like it today, but those were two of the top FAs on the market. I think Daniels was the 2nd best DE and Smith was the top CB available. Each signed a deal that looks like chump change today, but were record deals for the Bears back then.

But, he only has 8 seasons, and only once had more than 160 carries, so the tread likely isn't as worn as w/ most backs his age. Further, if we are looking to use him similar as Minny did, pairing him w/ Forte, age simply may not be the hard dropoff date it is w/ so many others.

He'll be 31 at the start of the season.

BradBiggs Chester Taylor has been part of two good backfields with Adrian Peterson in MIN and Jamal Lewis in BAL. less than a minute ago via web

BradBiggs Taylor agent Ken Sarnoff on starting: "He has not expectations one way or the other. He wants to contribute to winning games. half a minute ago via web

BradBiggs Sarnoff cont. "Chester never said I need to be a starter." less than 20 seconds ago via web

Gotta love his attitude!!!

Ha! I hear ya!

Although I think Peppers is seriously much better than Daniels was.

This is a pretty big day... Even if the regime does or doesn't change, I think these pick-up's make the team seriously better.

At least the org wasn't just cheap. They decided not to eat the money on changing coaches, but instead use that money towards potential difference makers within.

I'm ok with that and I think the franchise has made some huge statements the last two years with the Peppers signing and the Cutler trade.

I think the organization made a huge statement with these signings, which will make bringing in other marquee players easier in the future. Hell, all three of these guys only came to Chicago, and left with a contract. That is crazy. Especially for someone like Peppers.