My concession spin

Alaskan Grizzly

Allright MadLith (and all other non-Lovie advocates), I will concede that if Lovie and Co. cannot pull it together this year and at the very least make it to the playoffs, away he (and they) go. With the additions of Peppers, Taylor, Manumaleuena (sp?), Cutler and who else??? then there is absolutely no excuse the Bears should not be contenders for the upcoming year...or for a few afterwards. This is another fantastic day in Bears history.

Guest TerraTor
Allright MadLith (and all other non-Lovie advocates), I will concede that if Lovie and Co. cannot pull it together this year and at the very least make it to the playoffs, away he (and they) go. With the additions of Peppers, Taylor, Manumaleuena (sp?), Cutler and who else??? then there is absolutely no excuse the Bears should not be contenders for the upcoming year...or for a few afterwards. This is another fantastic day in Bears history.

still have no oline and WRs it better not stop here

This is it. I do have to give mgmt credit for going out and getting Cutler and Peppers in a 2 year span. Pretty incredible if you ask me.

I also think there is a case that the Bears aren't done, but the next moves come after they free up some more money via trades (ie, Olsen or Harris or whomever moving for picks).

still have no oline and WRs it better not stop here

Once again, you post the ridiculous.

Yes, the OL is bad/horrible...but the WRs are not. They showed great promise last year, and if not hindered by a horrible OL, a braindead OC, and a rattled QB, they would have done much better than what they did (which was still pretty good).

Four receivers over 500 yards, Forte in an off year was damn close, and that doesn't even count Aromashodu who absolutely blew up at the end of the year.

--

Today has to be considered an overwhelming success from even the most close-minded Bears fan.

This is it. I do have to give mgmt credit for going out and getting Cutler and Peppers in a 2 year span. Pretty incredible if you ask me.

I also think there is a case that the Bears aren't done, but the next moves come after they free up some more money via trades (ie, Olsen or Harris or whomever moving for picks).

I'm curious as to why there is a need for them to free up cap money in an uncapped year. As long as the contracts are front loaded to give most of the money in the first couple of years I could see this working out without cutting a lot of players.

The need to free up money isn't from a cap perspective, rather a payroll perspective. Just because a guy has a cap hit of 4M, he might only actually have a true payroll cost of 2M or vice versa.

The reason I say that is because you might determine you need to free-up your finances (ie moving someone like Harris or whomever could free up a few million in real cash) to make a move .

Also, I do not currently support moving Harris because I don't think the Bears are actually set to pay him much money.

I'm curious as to why there is a need for them to free up cap money in an uncapped year. As long as the contracts are front loaded to give most of the money in the first couple of years I could see this working out without cutting a lot of players.

Guest TerraTor

Yes, the OL is bad/horrible...but the WRs are not. They showed great promise last year, and if not hindered by a horrible OL, a braindead OC, and a rattled QB, they would have done much better than what they did (which was still pretty good).

Four receivers over 500 yards, Forte in an off year was damn close, and that doesn't even count Aromashodu who absolutely blew up at the end of the year.

--

Today has to be considered an overwhelming success from even the most close-minded Bears fan.

[/quote

Once again, youre a dick

May not be needed. While we paid peppers a boatload, it also sounds like we spread that guaranteed money over the first 3 years, rather than simply giving him a $30m SB, or something like that. Even w/ all three signings, the 2010 actual cash spent may not have reached the $25-30m space Angelo was promised.

The need to free up money isn't from a cap perspective, rather a payroll perspective. Just because a guy has a cap hit of 4M, he might only actually have a true payroll cost of 2M or vice versa.

The reason I say that is because you might determine you need to free-up your finances (ie moving someone like Harris or whomever could free up a few million in real cash) to make a move .

Also, I do not currently support moving Harris because I don't think the Bears are actually set to pay him much money.

I think the Bears are going to shell out more than 25-30M, but I could be wrong. I think that was a figure to tell teams we are going to be agressive, without quite saying we have a blank check for the season.

And I don't think the Bears have a blank check. I will also say that I'm pretty happy with the deals we have handed out and I don't think they will straddle the long-term future of the Bears.

With a few other nice moves and some nice developments with current players, our defense could be rejuvenated.

Lovie won't have any excuses assuming decent health because Peppers will make this defense so much more explosive.

May not be needed. While we paid peppers a boatload, it also sounds like we spread that guaranteed money over the first 3 years, rather than simply giving him a $30m SB, or something like that. Even w/ all three signings, the 2010 actual cash spent may not have reached the $25-30m space Angelo was promised.

--

Once again, youre a dick

Your posts are childish, and this reply doesn't surprise me. How many times do you have to threaten quitting being a Bears fan, or posting comments that make you appear that you don't have a clue about football, before you grow up?

Seriously, just take a step back and think about what you post some time. I know I come off as abrasive, and I can respect dissenting opinion, but you continually post ignorant comments and it gets quite tired (see a recent thread when other board members didn't seem too unhappy with your threat to quit on the Bears).

:cheers

The pieces are there...

I've thrown out my stale popcorn, I've filled my glass of spiked Kool-aid half full, and popped a new bag of popcorn. I'm ready to be entertained!

Damn it feels good to have a kickass D lineman again...

Time to go shopping Alfred...

Daddy needs a new saftey, an O and D lineman and fullback.

Atogwe for safety.

DL - I think will be a rookie/draft, as well as hopes that some of those we recently drafted develop.

OL - Looks really weak in FA, but OT is considered one of the best positions in the draft.

RB - We just signed one. He is a TE, but will play more like a FB in Martz system. I don't think Martz uses a lot of 2 back (FB/RB) sets, and thus a blocking TE acts more similar to the role of a FB.

Time to go shopping Alfred...

Daddy needs a new saftey, an O and D lineman and fullback.

Atogwe for safety.

DL - I think will be a rookie/draft, as well as hopes that some of those we recently drafted develop.

OL - Looks really weak in FA, but OT is considered one of the best positions in the draft.

RB - We just signed one. He is a TE, but will play more like a FB in Martz system. I don't think Martz uses a lot of 2 back (FB/RB) sets, and thus a blocking TE acts more similar to the role of a FB.

Agreed and I believe McKie is on notice.

Once again, youre a dick

Your posts are childish, and this reply doesn't surprise me. How many times do you have to threaten quitting being a Bears fan, or posting comments that make you appear that you don't have a clue about football, before you grow up?

Seriously, just take a step back and think about what you post some time. I know I come off as abrasive, and I can respect dissenting opinion, but you continually post ignorant comments and it gets quite tired (see a recent thread when other board members didn't seem too unhappy with your threat to quit on the Bears).

Sorry but to some extent I have to side with TT. He sides with many who think the OL could use some help and others (as myself) that think the Bears could use some help in the WR dept. Although his retort nor his "voice" is the most PC (ergo childish) his opinions are still valid. He's been this way as long as I've been around and actually has gotten better the last year or so. Post on brother, just remember that kids might be watching.