Don't get me wrong

fudgeripple2000

I am elated that the bears are so aggressive. However, I remember not too long ago when I and most other members here were asking for Lovie's head. Then when turner was let go and marinelli was made D coach it seemed that we were accepting that Lovie was a lame duck coach with the rest of his staff. If no playoffs then he goes and someone like Cowher would come in. That made sense. Then we hire martz who's approach is the antithesis of someone like cowher. We bring in Maleuna who is nothing like Olsen (high draft pick). Then we add Peppers who is a great 4-3 DE and not a pure fit for a 3-4. It is like we are adding pieces for the future. To summarize Parcell's analogy of chef chosing the groceries, it seems that we are building a burger joint and the most likely replacement for our coach, if things go badly, is a chef of a steakhouse.

I am elated that the bears are so aggressive. However, I remember not too long ago when I and most other members here were asking for Lovie's head. Then when turner was let go and marinelli was made D coach it seemed that we were accepting that Lovie was a lame duck coach with the rest of his staff. If no playoffs then he goes and someone like Cowher would come in. That made sense. Then we hire martz who's approach is the antithesis of someone like cowher. We bring in Maleuna who is nothing like Olsen (high draft pick). Then we add Peppers who is a great 4-3 DE and not a pure fit for a 3-4. It is like we are adding pieces for the future. To summarize Parcell's analogy of chef chosing the groceries, it seems that we are building a burger joint and the most likely replacement for our coach, if things go badly, is a chef of a steakhouse.

So essentially what you're saying is that you'd have been even more pissed if we hadn't signed Peppers. The Bears would have been cheap.

All we've heard since Lovie has been here is the importance of getting to the QB. We've done everything we can to accomplish that today.

Look, it may or may not work, but the Bear's ponied up the dough and have done everything it takes to win. This is a day for celebration.

Hell f'in no! (...but I'm impressed w/ JA to make all this happen. Then again, people that are backed into a corner tend to perform better.)

I just hope Martz is all that and gets our O hummin'...

And will pray that Peppers, Url and the gang can just play well despite the atrocious play calling that will come from Smith...

So now you are a fan of Lovie's??? :drink :lol:

Ha ha....

Hell f'in no! (...but I'm impressed w/ JA to make all this happen. Then again, people that are backed into a corner tend to perform better.)

I just hope Martz is all that and gets our O hummin'...

And will pray that Peppers, Url and the gang can just play well despite the atrocious play calling that will come from Smith...

I'm not a Lovie apologist but, the play he called on the plane ride back to Chicago from Carolina to get Peppers signed was a good call.

I'm not a Lovie apologist but, the play he called on the plane ride back to Chicago from Carolina to get Peppers signed was a good call.

So maybe he just makes really bad play calls when the game is on-going.