Per PFF Tackling Inefficiency Safeties/CB

flea

Chris harris one of the worst, D manning one of the best at not missing tackles

http://www.profootballfocus.com/articles.p...arc=&id=135

Tillman one of the better tacklers at CB

http://www.profootballfocus.com/articles.p...arc=&id=132

Yes i read that article as well, but we need to go aftrer O.J. Atogwe because he is a saftey not known for the tacking ability of others but he is a great cove guy. O.J. Atogwe showed surprisingly well tackeling by the list of other safties with a TIR of just 5.08. With that being said the Bears need to make a serious run at this guy to replace Bullocks/Payne.

Chris harris one of the worst, D manning one of the best at not missing tackles

http://www.profootballfocus.com/articles.p...arc=&id=135

Tillman one of the better tacklers at CB

http://www.profootballfocus.com/articles.p...arc=&id=132

That's a surprise about Manning. Maybe moving him to strong safety isn't such a bad idea. He's more of a catch-and-drag tackler than a guy who will come up and pop the ballcarrier, but if he's that reliable, maybe he could be OK on the strong side. As for Peanut, though, I'm not surprised at all that he's #3 in the league. He's been one of the best tackling corners in the NFL for a long time. Not to mention the forced fumbles.

That's a surprise about Manning. Maybe moving him to strong safety isn't such a bad idea. He's more of a catch-and-drag tackler than a guy who will come up and pop the ballcarrier, but if he's that reliable, maybe he could be OK on the strong side. As for Peanut, though, I'm not surprised at all that he's #3 in the league. He's been one of the best tackling corners in the NFL for a long time. Not to mention the forced fumbles.

This is why I'm not a huge stat guy. Manning has always been a guy who is hesitant and takes poor angles. Like you said he's a "catch and drag" guy. Those types of tackles are easier because of his athletic ability. Back to my rub on this, stats don't capture hesitation, poor angles and just plain not being in the play. A lot of guys high on that list are the ones you see flying to the point of impact. Sometimes they lay some serious wood, sometimes they whiff. I'd take Chris Harris any day over Manning at S.

Guest TerraTor
This is why I'm not a huge stat guy. Manning has always been a guy who is hesitant and takes poor angles. Like you said he's a "catch and drag" guy. Those types of tackles are easier because of his athletic ability. Back to my rub on this, stats don't capture hesitation, poor angles and just plain not being in the play. A lot of guys high on that list are the ones you see flying to the point of impact. Sometimes they lay some serious wood, sometimes they whiff. I'd take Chris Harris any day over Manning at S.

Anyone recall the great play he made on Reggie Bush in the NFC Championship? Hes the worst football player on the team. If u want great athletes who are terrible on the football field he fits right in.

Am I the only one shocked to see Peanut this highly rated? I feel like in the last two years (and last year especially) he has started to let his talent for forcing fumbles go to his head to the point that he misses a lot of tackles because he's too busy trying to get the ball out, or at least the player gains an extra ten yards by the time he gives up and tackles him.

Am I the only one shocked to see Peanut this highly rated? I feel like in the last two years (and last year especially) he has started to let his talent for forcing fumbles go to his head to the point that he misses a lot of tackles because he's too busy trying to get the ball out, or at least the player gains an extra ten yards by the time he gives up and tackles him.

I'm also surprised because I think he's been a horrible tackler (too much of the strip first, tackle second nonsense). I would like to see how they measured these supposed tackles and missed tackles. I'm smelling some BS.

I'm also surprised because I think he's been a horrible tackler (too much of the strip first, tackle second nonsense). I would like to see how they measured these supposed tackles and missed tackles. I'm smelling some BS.

But at times, Peanut ignores the strip and lays on the wood. I don't watch other teams that closely, but I imagine most teams struggle with their corners missing tackles at times.