Lovie attends GT ProDay

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

Burnett also had the eye of several scouts and coaches since he did not take part in the combine due to a hamstring injury. Burnett blew things out at the station drills, posting a 39 1/2-inch vertical jump, a 4.46 40 and an 11-foot broad jump. He also caught well in ball-skill drills. Burnett (6-1, 210) is a likely second-round pick who is coming off a season in which he didn't build on an All-American sophomore year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

Burnett also had the eye of several scouts and coaches since he did not take part in the combine due to a hamstring injury. Burnett blew things out at the station drills, posting a 39 1/2-inch vertical jump, a 4.46 40 and an 11-foot broad jump. He also caught well in ball-skill drills. Burnett (6-1, 210) is a likely second-round pick who is coming off a season in which he didn't build on an All-American sophomore year.

It's good to see Lovie and you are on the same page... :o I like the guy too, but think he won't be there when we pick.

Guest TerraTor
I still like Myron Rolle for some reason. Probably because he can be had in round 3 or 4 and your guy will be long gone by then.

I love Myron Rolle, but i dont know if he is fast enough for FS, but hell, better than any safety on our roster

Plus the Kid is smart as hell, Rhode scholar is nothing to sneeze at and half the battle is learning the position, we know at least he would have a understanding of it quicker then it took Manning to learn it. Oh wait he never did learn it .

According to Rotoworld, the official list of 40 times that's going out to NFL teams has Myron Rolle listed at a 4.76. I'm not a guy who puts a ton of stock in track times, but there's no arguing the point that that's WAY too slow for a free safety. With a time like that, he might have to convince some team that he can add weight and move to linebacker.

Also, smart or not, the guy hasn't yet managed to learn one pretty crucial part of the position: ball skills. He has ONE interception in his entire career. One interception in 39 games, and in 35 of those he was starting: how's that going to work in a defense that needs the free safety to cause turnovers?

I'm not trying to knock Rolle, but he is what he is: a smart, assignment-sound, textbook strong safety. He's got size, he's a tackling machine, he plays the run well, but he almost never makes any kind of a big play in coverage. We have like five strong safeties on the roster as it is. Rolle would give us six, and we still wouldn't have a single safety who can play in pass coverage.

EDIT: As for Burnett, I kind of wish he hadn't blown it up at his pro day. I was hoping he'd slip to the Bears in the 3rd, but that's looking less and less likely. Maybe we can trade up on draft day. If Burnett falls to the one of the Patriots' 2nd-rounders, I might have to rethink my position on whether Angelo should trade Olsen.