Florida State Pro Day

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/18/watson-los...-and-quickness/

Dekoda watson-----------------

While players’ weight may fluctuate from the NFL Scouting Combine to their pro day, it is rare that it changes significantly. Florida State’s Dekoda Watson, however, defies the norm. He checked in at 240 pounds at the combine, but dropped all the way to 226 pounds Florida State’s pro day.

The weight loss resulted in a much faster time in the 40-yard dash. He ran the 40 in 4.46 and 4.40 seconds at the pro day, after posting a mark of 4.56 seconds at the combine. He also flashed impressive quickness, completing the three-cone drill in 6.84 seconds.

Wow, are u kidding me? 6'2 226 4.40/4.46 ?????

Myron rolle---------------------

Did not work out

Im hoping he turns in a good private workout, i love the teams questioning his ability/commitment (man accepted the most prestigeous academic award on earth) and everyone knows dam well Tebow will be useless in the NFL and yet hes invited to New York. Ha! and Brady Quinn thought he sat around too long....

Dekoda watson-----------------

While players’ weight may fluctuate from the NFL Scouting Combine to their pro day, it is rare that it changes significantly. Florida State’s Dekoda Watson, however, defies the norm. He checked in at 240 pounds at the combine, but dropped all the way to 226 pounds Florida State’s pro day.

The weight loss resulted in a much faster time in the 40-yard dash. He ran the 40 in 4.46 and 4.40 seconds at the pro day, after posting a mark of 4.56 seconds at the combine. He also flashed impressive quickness, completing the three-cone drill in 6.84 seconds.

Did not work out

Im hoping he turns in a good private workout, i love the teams questioning his ability/commitment (man accepted the most prestigeous academic award on earth) and everyone knows dam well Tebow will be useless in the NFL and yet hes invited to New York. Ha! and Brady Quinn thought he sat around too long....

Tebow wont do anything in the pros. Everyone agrees there. But I won't be shocked to see him go in the 1st round. I am thinking that Jacksonville will take him in either the 1st or 2nd round. The reason is because Tebow will at least put butts in seats and help the franchise stay there in Florida.

Tebow wont do anything in the pros. Everyone agrees there. But I won't be shocked to see him go in the 1st round. I am thinking that Jacksonville will take him in either the 1st or 2nd round. The reason is because Tebow will at least put butts in seats and help the franchise stay there in Florida.

I don't agree.

Tebow is a guy that has talent. He will work harder than anyone to correct his mechanical flaws. His leadership is without question as well. It will be a year or two down the road, but Tebow he will succeed. I think he'll go late 2nd, early 3rd.

ODekoda watson-----------------

Did not work out

I know you like rolle but there is no guarantee with this kid at all. He could very well be another steltz

I don't agree.

Tebow is a guy that has talent. He will work harder than anyone to correct his mechanical flaws. His leadership is without question as well. It will be a year or two down the road, but Tebow he will succeed. I think he'll go late 2nd, early 3rd.

Yeah, you know, I used to think Tebow was going to be the next Florida QB to flame out horribly in the NFL, but I have to say that his work ethic is really impressive. I really like that he took all the criticism about his game seriously, responded diplomatically to it, then went right out and changed his throwing motion and cleaned up his footwork. If he lands in a place where he won't have to start right away and where he'll have some good coaching, I think he could do well just by virtue of his athleticism and his drive to improve. It's certainly not impossible: Aaron Rodgers had a terrible throwing motion coming out of college, and he came from another system (Tedford's) notorious for churning out QBs who couldn't hack it in the NFL. If Tebow gets an opportunity to sit for a couple of years like Rodgers did, and gets to work with a really good QB coach, I can see him working himself into a starting job.

Yeah, you know, I used to think Tebow was going to be the next Florida QB to flame out horribly in the NFL, but I have to say that his work ethic is really impressive. I really like that he took all the criticism about his game seriously, responded diplomatically to it, then went right out and changed his throwing motion and cleaned up his footwork. If he lands in a place where he won't have to start right away and where he'll have some good coaching, I think he could do well just by virtue of his athleticism and his drive to improve. It's certainly not impossible: Aaron Rodgers had a terrible throwing motion coming out of college, and he came from another system (Tedford's) notorious for churning out QBs who couldn't hack it in the NFL. If Tebow gets an opportunity to sit for a couple of years like Rodgers did, and gets to work with a really good QB coach, I can see him working himself into a starting job.

Sorry but if Tebow was serious about doing all this work to fix his throwing motion he'd have done it sooner in his college career. Throwing motion is not my major concern with him anyway, it's his ability to read a defense. I admit to not watching many of his game but what I did see of him it seemed he had one option read, maybe two. I don't see that translating well to the NFL. Plus he's far too slow to be effective as a wildcat QB.

Sorry but if Tebow was serious about doing all this work to fix his throwing motion he'd have done it sooner in his college career. Throwing motion is not my major concern with him anyway, it's his ability to read a defense. I admit to not watching many of his game but what I did see of him it seemed he had one option read, maybe two. I don't see that translating well to the NFL. Plus he's far too slow to be effective as a wildcat QB.

Why would he want to change it during his college career? Did you see his numbers. He was downright amazing every year. A major success in college. If he would have changed his throwing motion earlier do you think he would have had the same success with that system? I personally don't know. It's easy to sit here and say Yes or No but we don't know if he would have done better. Its hard to imagine him doing any better than he did there.