What do you think about the reports?

Wesson44

Bears | Will listen to offers for Olsen

Comment (0)

Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:51:10 -0700

Updating previous reports, Neil Hayes, of Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears will listen to offers for TE Greg Olsen even though general manager Jerry Angelo has insisted he is not shopping Olsen.

My question is if you are not going to trade him why listen? Sounds like a smokescreen to me.

Bears | Could have interest in Grant

Comment (0)

Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:47:36 -0700 Neil Hayes, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears could have interest in unrestricted free-agent FS Deon Grant (Seahawks).

Deon Grant is this worth a look? I thought he was out of football

Bears | OL does not appear to be top priority

Comment (0)

Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:44:32 -0700

Neil Hayes, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears apparently do not see the offensive line to be the their top priority at this time.

Sounds like they are playing coy to get something they want

I think it's all speculation at this point. Especially with Grant: the guy plays the wrong position, he's 31, and he wasn't good enough to make the Seahawks when they desperately need help at safety. I think even the Bears can do better.

If we're talking about beat writers speculating though, somebody was saying that the Bears might deal Olsen to the Patriots for James Sanders and a pick. It makes sense on paper: the Pats are flush at safety with Patrick Chung, Brandon Meriweather, and Brandon McGowan. Sanders is a smart player, relatively young and he's at least above-average in coverage. If we could deal Olsen for Sanders and the last of the Pats' 2nd-rounders, I'd be all about it. Hell, Sanders and a 3rd might be worth it...he sounds like he could be the leader that the secondary hasn't had since Mike Brown left. Here's what Belichick has to say about him:

"James is an excellent leader. He plays with a good level of confidence. He's a very good physical player. He's a tough kid. Football's important to him. He's a very committed player, spends a lot of time in the classroom, studying, learning, watching tape, making sure he knows his assignments. I think he's a leader for any young player, forget young player, for any player to emulate and follow. I think he's very professional and you would like to have 53 players like James on your team in terms of his work ethic, his toughness [and] being a teammate."

I think the question is why wouldn't we listen to offers for anyone. The worst thing that could happen is Angelo doesnt feel the trade is worth it and then nothing happens. Why say that you shouldn't listen to offers? What if some team were dumb enough to give us a first and a second for Olsen?

I think the question is why wouldn't we listen to offers for anyone. The worst thing that could happen is Angelo doesnt feel the trade is worth it and then nothing happens. Why say that you shouldn't listen to offers? What if some team were dumb enough to give us a first and a second for Olsen?

Your absolutely right. I would never go as far as to say nobody is untradeable. If someone is dumb enough to over pay for a player I would except. If I was GM I would field calls for any player.

I think it's all speculation at this point. Especially with Grant: the guy plays the wrong position, he's 31, and he wasn't good enough to make the Seahawks when they desperately need help at safety. I think even the Bears can do better.

If we're talking about beat writers speculating though, somebody was saying that the Bears might deal Olsen to the Patriots for James Sanders and a pick. It makes sense on paper: the Pats are flush at safety with Patrick Chung, Brandon Meriweather, and Brandon McGowan. Sanders is a smart player, relatively young and he's at least above-average in coverage. If we could deal Olsen for Sanders and the last of the Pats' 2nd-rounders, I'd be all about it. Hell, Sanders and a 3rd might be worth it...he sounds like he could be the leader that the secondary hasn't had since Mike Brown left. Here's what Belichick has to say about him:

"James is an excellent leader. He plays with a good level of confidence. He's a very good physical player. He's a tough kid. Football's important to him. He's a very committed player, spends a lot of time in the classroom, studying, learning, watching tape, making sure he knows his assignments. I think he's a leader for any young player, forget young player, for any player to emulate and follow. I think he's very professional and you would like to have 53 players like James on your team in terms of his work ethic, his toughness [and] being a teammate."

no way the Pats give up Sander and a 2nd for Olsen. The Pats like Sanders and they will get a pass catching TE via the draft (plus they just signed Crumpler). The Bears would be stupid to trade Olsen. He is a mismatch for defenses and talent like that at TE does not come around too often.

Olsen: We keep hearing from the Chicago media that Olsen does not fit what Martz plans to do and the entire league knows it. I've heard this enough that I'm personally convinced they are true. I like Olsen and he's probably the best receiver on the team, but I'm convinced he won't be here next year.

Deon Grant: Lovie came out and stated we need to upgrade the safety position. Until we do so, I'm guessing it will be assumed we'll be interested in every safety available. I look for us to take one in the 3rd round of the draft.

O-line: The o-line was a priority and we greatly upgraded it by signing Brandon Manumaleuna. Dan Pompei called BM the best offensive tackle on the Bear's roster.

Olsen: We keep hearing from the Chicago media that Olsen does not fit what Martz plans to do and the entire league knows it. I've heard this enough that I'm personally convinced they are true. I like Olsen and he's probably the best receiver on the team, but I'm convinced he won't be here next year.

Deon Grant: Lovie came out and stated we need to upgrade the safety position. Until we do so, I'm guessing it will be assumed we'll be interested in every safety available. I look for us to take one in the 3rd round of the draft.

O-line: The o-line was a priority and we greatly upgraded it by signing Brandon Manumaleuna. Dan Pompei called BM the best offensive tackle on the Bear's roster.

if every team in the league knows he wont fit the Bears new offense, then they are not going to give up a second for him...the Bears let the cat out of the bag and now they will be luck to get a 3rd or a 4th. They have no leverage now.

I like the comment about BM being the best OT on the team, that is very funny :)

if every team in the league knows he wont fit the Bears new offense, then they are not going to give up a second for him...the Bears let the cat out of the bag and now they will be luck to get a 3rd or a 4th. They have no leverage now.

I like the comment about BM being the best OT on the team, that is very funny :)

The part is that the Chicago media is indicating:

1. We'd be lucky to get a 3rd or 4th for Olsen.

2. We seem to want to get rid of him anyway.

Either way, I'm anxious to see what we do with all of our receiving TE's. Heck, if we got rid of Olsen, why wouldn't we get rid of Clark? If you can't utilize one, how do you utilize the other? Kellun Davis, like the other two, is also more of a receiver then a blocker.

Bears | Will listen to offers for Olsen

Comment (0)

Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:51:10 -0700

Updating previous reports, Neil Hayes, of Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears will listen to offers for TE Greg Olsen even though general manager Jerry Angelo has insisted he is not shopping Olsen.

My question is if you are not going to trade him why listen? Sounds like a smokescreen to me.

If you are actively shopping someone, you lose leverage. I also don't think that they wouldn't trade him under any circumstance either. If someone offered a pick in the 20-40 range, I'm pretty sure they would trade him

Bears | Could have interest in Grant

Comment (0)

Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:47:36 -0700 Neil Hayes, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears could have interest in unrestricted free-agent FS Deon Grant (Seahawks).

Deon Grant is this worth a look? I thought he was out of football

I read that Grant was released by the new coaching regime due to his huge contract. Maybe you are confusing him with someone else.

Bears | OL does not appear to be top priority

Comment (0)

Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:44:32 -0700

Neil Hayes, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears apparently do not see the offensive line to be the their top priority at this time.

Sounds like they are playing coy to get something they want

I think it all depends on who is on the board when they draft in the 3rd. If someone has a high grade, they might go that way. Chances are though that it will be a safety in the 3rd.