Looking at TE's on the Roster

Wesson44

I was looking at our roster and found that we have not four but six TE'S in the stable. I know that some will not be around for long ang gusy are brought in to see it the fit our system and for camp purposes but look at the list below. So are we posied to kept 3 or four?

1. Richard Angulo 6'8 260

2. Kevin Brock 6'5 255

3. Desmond Clark 6'3 249

4. Kellen Davis 6'7 262

5. B Manumaleuna 6'2 295

6. Greg Olsen 6'5 255

I was looking at our roster and found that we have not four but six TE'S in the stable. I know that some will not be around for long ang gusy are brought in to see it the fit our system and for camp purposes but look at the list below. So are we posied to kept 3 or four?

2. Kevin Brock 6'5 255

3. Desmond Clark 6'3 249

4. Kellen Davis 6'7 262

5. B Manumaleuna 6'2 295

6. Greg Olsen 6'5 255

Wow, that 1st guy is huge.

2. Kevin Brock 6'5 255

3. Desmond Clark 6'3 249

4. Kellen Davis 6'7 262

5. B Manumaleuna 6'2 295

6. Greg Olsen 6'5 255

IMO, either Olsen or Clark will be gone. Possibly both. I look for us to add an additional TE that's similar to Manumaleuna's size and has the same blocking ability/attitude.

I wouldn't be surprised if 4 TEs stick on the roster because we got rid of McKie and we'll be using the H-back via the TEs to backfill his spot. Yet we know we are going to keep 6 WR on the roster. How many QBs will we keep on the roster this year...2 or 3? That might determine how many TEs stick. If we cut a TE I think the odd man out is Clark.

I wouldn't be surprised if 4 TEs stick on the roster because we got rid of McKie and we'll be using the H-back via the TEs to backfill his spot. Yet we know we are going to keep 6 WR on the roster. How many QBs will we keep on the roster this year...2 or 3? That might determine how many TEs stick. If we cut a TE I think the odd man out is Clark.

Well, but we signed Eddie Williams, who's definitely got an H-back type of skill set. I think it could be that we keep 3 RBs, 1 FB, and 4 TEs, as opposed to last year where we had 4-1-3. I mean, I'd certainly rather keep our 4 best TEs than any candidate for the 4th RB spot: the guys at the 3rd and 4th TE spot are just better players. We could probably sneak Kahlil Bell onto the practice squad without too much risk.

I wonder if we might not add (maybe through the draft) a heavy RB who can also play FB. The FB position is really not used in Martz scheme, so is there even a point in carrying one? I would not be surprised to see us carry 4 RBs and 4 TEs.

Well, but we signed Eddie Williams, who's definitely got an H-back type of skill set. I think it could be that we keep 3 RBs, 1 FB, and 4 TEs, as opposed to last year where we had 4-1-3. I mean, I'd certainly rather keep our 4 best TEs than any candidate for the 4th RB spot: the guys at the 3rd and 4th TE spot are just better players. We could probably sneak Kahlil Bell onto the practice squad without too much risk.

Like a TJ Duckett kind of guy?

Speaking of which, isn't he available?

I wonder if we might not add (maybe through the draft) a heavy RB who can also play FB. The FB position is really not used in Martz scheme, so is there even a point in carrying one? I would not be surprised to see us carry 4 RBs and 4 TEs.

Any worse than McKie?

Maybe not him...I just keep thinking of a guy like the raiders had years ago...I think Crockett? Nothing special but a bruiser that could fall forward and gain 1 yard with ease. Mayber Taylor can do that. But no other guy on our roster had proven he can.

He's available because he's bad.

Earnest Graham would be good fit for what you're talking about, if he could be pried away from the Bucs. He's not the traditional FB from a size perspective (5'9" 225 pounds) but he's a quality lead blocker and a good short-yardage back, plus he can catch. He's 30 and due $3 million, and the Bucs have other options at FB and a platoon of running backs, so they might be willing to trade him for a late-round pick.