No Thanks

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

Bears may have interest in Flozell Adams

Apr

4/4/2010 10:48:09 AM | More

Michael Lombardi of the National Football Post reports the Bears will be "all over" free agent OT Flozell Adams.

Hopefully for Bears fans, Adams has more left in the tank than Orlando Pace did.

Apr

Michael Lombardi of the National Football Post reports the Bears will be "all over" free agent OT Flozell Adams.

Hopefully for Bears fans, Adams has more left in the tank than Orlando Pace did.

Agreed. Let's get some youth for the OL.

Apr

Does anybody believe this? How the hell does Mike Lombardi know what the Bears "will do." If this came from the Chicago media I might buy it. But he's not even saying the Bears have interest, he's saying they will have interest. We could have signed him Friday. Adams getting cut wasn't a big surprise.

JA struck gold in the past signing old offensive linemen like Ruben Brown & Fred Miller. But we got burnt on Pace. I don't see us going down this road.

Also on the NFL Network they said Flozell was cut with nobody behind him. If you are playing so poorly that a team prefers to cut you and go with whoever they pick up in the draft that's not a good sign. I think we can pass.

Struck Gold with Fred Miller? Um, I don't think so. Miller played well, not great, but well one year, but went straight downhill after that. He was with us I believe 3 seasons, and we only got good play in one of those 3. I would not call that striking gold.

I do agree we did well with R.Brown.

Does anybody believe this? How the hell does Mike Lombardi know what the Bears "will do." If this came from the Chicago media I might buy it. But he's not even saying the Bears have interest, he's saying they will have interest. We could have signed him Friday. Adams getting cut wasn't a big surprise.

JA struck gold in the past signing old offensive linemen like Ruben Brown & Fred Miller. But we got burnt on Pace. I don't see us going down this road.

Agreed. We struck a solid copper deposit with Miller. Not that valuable, but still some value.

Struck Gold with Fred Miller? Um, I don't think so. Miller played well, not great, but well one year, but went straight downhill after that. He was with us I believe 3 seasons, and we only got good play in one of those 3. I would not call that striking gold.

Gold might be an exaggeration, and unlike Ruben, he was expensive. But Fred Miller was very good in 2005 & 2006. (and please don't try to debate me on this since arguing how good o-line players are is damn near impossible :cheers

Gold might be an exaggeration, and unlike Ruben, he was expensive. But Fred Miller was very good in 2005 & 2006. (and please don't try to debate me on this since arguing how good o-line players are is damn near impossible :cheers

Nothing is impossible to argue for nfo... :D

So true. So true.

As for Miller, I wouldn't say he sucked in 2006, but at the same time, I would not agree that he was "very good" either. Frankly, I don't think I would agree say he was "very good". I mean, good is better than average, and I don't know how much above average Miller ever was for us. For us, average may have looked very good, but that is relative.

It's opinion. There are stats for OL, but even those I think are very questionable. IMHO, Miller was good year one. He was average year two. He was freaking awful year 3.

I remember thinking the signs were there for a pretty significant dropoff that final year. Now, I didn't expect a dropoff of the level we saw, but I did think one was coming due to the lesser play (IMHO) from his first year with us to his second.

Nothing is impossible to argue for nfo... :D