Bears bringing in safety from Utah

Connorbear

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/...rs-tuesday.html

Some interesting video on him.

Peace :dabears

There were a few of things I noticed from him:

• He looks like a Tillman clone
  • I would look strongly into footage of him playing closer to the LOS. His highlight reel consisted of mainly playing 15yds deep and backpedalling at the snap. Playing that style in Lovies D will get the middle of the field killed. In the centerfield theater he looks strong. Good ball skills and anticipation.
  • On run support, he looks questionable at best. Plays too high for NFL RB's.
  • Good motor and does not give up on the play.

I'm interested.

Adding to that, the guy's got pretty impressive lateral range, even if his timed speed is so-so. Watching him run down that reverse early in the highlight reel, he takes a kind of questionable angle to the ballcarrier, but he really turns on the jets when he gets close to the hash marks and ends up making it to the right spot.

My main worry would be that he doesn't look to have a real complete game, at least not from the film here. Like Mongo said, he plays a lot of deep centerfield and not much else. He sure is a ballhawk, though.

Adding to that, the guy's got pretty impressive lateral range, even if his timed speed is so-so. Watching him run down that reverse early in the highlight reel, he takes a kind of questionable angle to the ballcarrier, but he really turns on the jets when he gets close to the hash marks and ends up making it to the right spot.

My main worry would be that he doesn't look to have a real complete game, at least not from the film here. Like Mongo said, he plays a lot of deep centerfield and not much else. He sure is a ballhawk, though.

Thats funny isnt the saftey suppose to play deep center field. If we had one playing that way last year we would have beaten the Packers twice

Thats funny isnt the saftey suppose to play deep center field. If we had one playing that way last year we would have beaten the Packers twice

I mean that he's playing a lot of single-high, and like twenty yards deep. The Bears defense is pretty frequently in a 2-deep shell, even when they're not playing Tampa-2, and you don't see a lot of safeties in the NFL playing as deep as he is in a bunch of those clips.