Sounds like we will be

Wesson44

Bears | Olsen feeling good about role

Comment (0)

Fri, 09 Apr 2010 09:52:18 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports Chicago Bears TE Greg Olsen said on his Twitter page that he has a great feeling about his role in the team's offense this season. He also said he wants to play in Chicago.

Bears | Olsen feeling good about role

Comment (0)

Fri, 09 Apr 2010 09:52:18 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports Chicago Bears TE Greg Olsen said on his Twitter page that he has a great feeling about his role in the team's offense this season. He also said he wants to play in Chicago.

And Andy Reid declared that McNabb was his starter . . . weeks before trading him. It's quite possible the Bears said, "Hey Greg, if you really want out, you need to quit bitching and help yourself."

The Tribune speculated we'd be trading Olsen to New England for one of their #2's. (I suspect we'll have to give our #3 AND Olsen for their #2)

Either way, I think Olsen will be gone on draftday. I'm not saying I want that to happen, it just seems inevitable.

I would not trade olsen and a #3 for an number 2! That would not make much sense at all.

Boers & Bernstein on the SCORE say teams have only offered the Bears a 5th rounder for Olsen. The problem is that:

1. He doesn't have elite speed, his hands aren't great, he's not a good blocker. There's nothing that makes him special.

2. He does not fit in Martz's system. This means his ass will likely be on the bench.

3. He's a free agent after this season so teams won't give that much for him.

Boers & Bernstein on the SCORE say teams have only offered the Bears a 5th rounder for Olsen. The problem is that:

1. He doesn't have elite speed, his hands aren't great, he's not a good blocker. There's nothing that makes him special.

2. He does not fit in Martz's system. This means his ass will likely be on the bench.

3. He's a free agent after this season so teams won't give that much for him.

Disagree x 5

1) His speed is upper level for a TE.

2) He does have good hands, as stated in another post with stats to back it up.

3) The combination of size, speed, hands and route running make him potentially special.(remember he's young)

4) If he's on the team he will not ride the pine.

5) Teams will either want to trade him or not. Him being a free agent next year doesn't mean squat.