Sunday, Dec. 20

at Minnesota Vikings

7:30pm ESPN/WBBM Radio

Sunday, Dec. 26

vs. New York Jets

Noon CBS/WBBM Radio

Sunday, Jan. 2, 2011 at Green Bay Packers

Noon FOX/WBBM Radio

I actually like the way the schedule plays out for us. It's a softer at the front, which will allow the offense to get some continuity against some weaker opponents. It ends brutally the last four games. Hopefully we are playing for a playoff spot and are firing on all cylinders by then.

I actually like the way the schedule plays out for us. It's a softer at the front, which will allow the offense to get some continuity against some weaker opponents. It ends brutally the last four games. Hopefully we are playing for a playoff spot and are firing on all cylinders by then.

That's a really nasty four-game stretch to close out the season. The Bears could potentially have nine wins (maybe 10 if they beat the Packers at Soldier Field) coming into that Week 14 game against the Pats, but I don't see a win in any of those last four. Pats, Jets, and away games against the Vikings and Packers...you couldn't ask for a tougher stretch of games to close out the season. Here's how I see the season breaking down:

Week 1: Lions - WIN

Schwartz's team isn't the old Lions, but they still only have one good starter in the secondary, and their o-line is suspect.

Week 2: @Cowboys - LOSS

High-pressure defense will test the Bears' o-line, and the running game and Miles Austin will make the offense hard to slow down.

Week 3: Packers - WIN

This is maybe the most contentious pick in my list. The Packers' offense is dynamite, and if they take a tackle high in the draft, it could get even better. Their defense was solid last season and there's no reason to think it'll take a step backward. If the Bears win here, it'll be because they stole one at home. I just have a gut feeling they're going to split with the Packers.

Week 4: @Giants - WIN

The Giants' defense fell apart last season, and while their young receivers look okay, Brandon Jacobs and Ahmad Bradshaw are starting to show some seams. I think the Bears take this one with a big day from Cutler.

Week 5: @Panthers - WIN

The Panthers are rebuilding. They've got an elite running back tandem and a great run-blocking o-line, but basically nothing else. It won't be enough to win them the game.

Week 6: Seahawks - WIN

The Seahawks were a wreck last season, and I don't think Carroll can turn them around fast enough. They've got big problems at tackle, scrubs at running back, no #1 wideout, and holes all over the defense (except at linebacker.) Without the advantage of playing in the loudest stadium in the NFL, I don't see them even keeping it close.

Week 7: Redskins - WIN

This will be interesting. McNabb-to-Moss looks good on paper, and Washington's defense should be solid (they were a ridiculously underrated unit last season) but it'll all hinge on what they can do with the o-line and the run game. That line will take a lot of work to fix, and I don't see it being even an average unit. Peppers could have a field day, and I think the Bears win a pretty low-scoring contest here.

Week 8: BYE

Week 9: @Bills (Toronto) - WIN

Big, big win. Even more than the Seahawks, Skins, or Panthers, the Bills have huge roster holes. No quarterback, no receiving threat other than Lee Evans, holes all over both lines. This one isn't close.

Week 10: Vikings - WIN

If the line is improved enough to keep Cutler upright, I like Martz's passing game against the Vikings' secondary. Last time around, Cutler honest-to-god torched the Vikings through the air and the defense did just enough to bring it out. With improvements on both sides of the ball, I think they can do it again.

Week 11: @Dolphins - LOSS

Unless Brandon Marshall's hurt or suspended, this game is a big problem. The Dolphins' run game is great and now they can throw the ball, too. Mike Nolan is working with arguably better talent in Miami than he had in Denver, and he turned that defense into a VERY stout unit. They were a tough team last year without Brandon Marshall or Karlos Dansby. This year they could be nasty.

Week 12: Eagles - WIN

I'm just not buying Kevin Kolb. More than that, the guys who were supposed to solidify the o-line (Jason Peters and Shawn Andrews) have both been busts, and they've have taken a few steps backward on defense with the losses of Dawkins and Sheldon Brown. I see Philly dropping this game.

Week 13: @Lions - WIN

Honestly, the Lions could surprise me here. Schwartz may have gotten the defense more-or-less solidified at this point, and their passing game could be in high gear if Johnson/Burleson/Scheffler are all healthy. Those are a couple of big ifs, though. I'm still betting Bears.

Week 14: Patriots - LOSS

I don't want to see Tillman/Bowman trying to stop Moss/Welker. And you know Belichick will outcoach Lovie by a mile.

Week 15: @Vikings - LOSS

As strongly as I feel that the Bears will win the first one with the Vikes, I think this is a loss. Maybe AP has a big game, maybe Favre and Sidney Rice do, but the Vikings just have too much talent for the Bears to sweep.

Week 16: Jets - LOSS

Their defense was elite last season, and it could be even better this year if Cromartie returns to form. Honestly, I think their run game probably gets worse without Jones, but adding Santonio Holmes to Braylon and Cotchery makes their passing attack legit.

Week 17: @Packers - LOSS

A lot of people would probably disagree with me about the Bears beating the Packers at Soldier Field, to say nothing of beating them at Lambeau. This one's a loss, barring an injury to Rodgers or something huge like that.

OVERALL: 10-6

I am working on putting together a group of people to head to Dallas. If anyone is interested, please PM me and I will keep you up to date on what is happening with the plans. Plans at this point is for people to start arriving in Dallas on Friday night September 17th and either heading out after the game or Monday morning September 20th. We may also put together a trip for the game in Toronto against the Bills. Let me know if you may be interested.

Thanks,

Robb

aka ChitownMan

I live in Dallas, and plan to go to the game. I have someone working now on a suite, but who knows if that will work out.

I will warn you. It is expensive to go to Jerry World.

Parking is $75 for the lot (which isn't close) near the stadium, though there are only 12,000 spaces for a potential of over 100,000 viewers. Lots a mile or more away are $50.

I am working on putting together a group of people to head to Dallas. If anyone is interested, please PM me and I will keep you up to date on what is happening with the plans. Plans at this point is for people to start arriving in Dallas on Friday night September 17th and either heading out after the game or Monday morning September 20th. We may also put together a trip for the game in Toronto against the Bills. Let me know if you may be interested.

Thanks,

Robb

aka ChitownMan