Mike to retire after season...

DaBearSox

Just read this on PFT:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Michael McCaskey to retire from the Bears

Posted by Mike Florio on April 21, 2010 11:49 AM ET

Bears chairman Michael McCaskey, who became team president and CEO just two weeks after team founder (and McCaskey's grandfather) George Halas died, will retire from the organization at the end of the 2010 season.

The team announced the coming move this morning.

McCaskey became team chairman in 1999, after 16 years as the organization's chief executive. He'll be replaced as chairman by his brother, George.

They are the sons of Virginia McCaskey, the daughter of Halas. The team has been owned by the Halas family since its inception.

The Bears will hold a press conference later today to discuss the change in leadership.

I have dealt personally with George McCaskey and he was a complete drillrod. I had issues with my season tickets a few years back and had my seats moved during the middle of the season (ending up sitting all over the stadium). McCaskey had agreed to allow me the opportunity to select a permanent location when the season was over but then stuck me with the last seat location I had basically telling me to take it or leave it.

Peace :dabears

Swell... Are we out of the frying pan into the fire then? One good possibility...this could mean they are moving towards a sale...

I have dealt personally with George McCaskey and he was a complete drillrod. I had issues with my season tickets a few years back and had my seats moved during the middle of the season (ending up sitting all over the stadium). McCaskey had agreed to allow me the opportunity to select a permanent location when the season was over but then stuck me with the last seat location I had basically telling me to take it or leave it.

Would you love the guy if he'd hooked you up with better seats? I only mention that since your situation does tell me much about his ability to help run a team.

During the press conference they speculated that the team would remain owned by the Halas family for years to come. Although I'm not sure how you divy it up 11 ways.