Mark My Words

Guest TerraTor

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/...ft/Default.aspx

Once he says this munbojumbo it always is the total opposite....

I actually believe it this time. I think with the mandate they were given; it more than likely had the stipulation that they not mortgage the future in an attempt to keep their jobs. So we'll have a friendly wager??

I think Angelo means it this time. Going three years without a #1 (or 2 for that matter) is a lot to gamble on. I don't think it necessary to give up next years 1 anyhow. The skill positions are pretty well covered; QB - check, RB- check (2 times) WR - possibly (or at least I'm told), CB - check (despite what others think Tillman will do fine and Bowman will come into his own), LB/DE - BIG check. The only one not so sure is the FS and this draft is FULL of good talent at that position. Plenty that the Bears can wait until round three. As far as OL, I say let's see what Tice/Martz can do with what they've got before really starting to panic.

And Terra... Consider your words marked and highlighted.

I think Angelo means it this time. Going three years without a #1 (or 2 for that matter) is a lot to gamble on. I don't think it necessary to give up next years 1 anyhow. The skill positions are pretty well covered; QB - check, RB- check (2 times) WR - possibly (or at least I'm told), CB - check (despite what others think Tillman will do fine and Bowman will come into his own), LB/DE - BIG check. The only one not so sure is the FS and this draft is FULL of good talent at that position. Plenty that the Bears can wait until round three. As far as OL, I say let's see what Tice/Martz can do with what they've got before really starting to panic.

And Terra... Consider your words marked and highlighted.

3 Years in a row would suck. How about 3 first rounders still being on the team since Urlacher was drafted(2000)? One is a TE that might be traded in the next couple days, Tommie Harris (who knows if he will be good again), and Chris Williams which may or may not turn out.

A trade up would be a tell tale sign that Angelo's days are numbered. The opposite could mean he's here longer than we'd all want. Or at least hoping he'll be...

3 Years in a row would suck. How about 3 first rounders still being on the team since Urlacher was drafted(2000)? One is a TE that might be traded in the next couple days, Tommie Harris (who knows if he will be good again), and Chris Williams which may or may not turn out.

Considering where we draft in the 3rd, no it wouldn't require a #1 to move up from that spot. But it would require giving something up, and probably that something is a future pick. I just prefer not to do it.

Too many if's invoved to even really think about it.

Would it really take next year's #1 to move up, though? I mean, if we were trying to get into the top of the 2nd, sure. But what if Allen falls to #60 or so? Couldn't we swing #60 for our #75 and next year's 2nd?

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/...ft/Default.aspx

Once he says this munbojumbo it always is the total opposite....

The only way we move up IMO is if we trade a player and our #3. Players we might consider:

1. Olsen (might not be worth enough)

2. Hester (leave us too thin at WR)

3. Dez Clark (not worth much)

4. Danieal Manning

Okay, we ain't got much. But please note that we will not move up without trading a player.

Guest TerraTor
To borrow a phrase from an eloquent linguinist I know; "mark my words" as the Lions now have Suh we are in for a long year against Detroit. I predict Chicago goes at least .500 against the Lions, if not worse.

no way, they are terrible

Guest TerraTor
He'll be a good pickup until one of the Bears gives him his next concussion. Then it's a wasted pick. Best is going to get hurt again, mark those words.

dam right, what a horrible pick. Then again its the lions