Bears Shopping Roach and Williams?

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

Bears could look to trade a linebacker

Apr

4/23/2010 12:45:09 PM | More

There is a feeling in the locker room that the Bears could consider trading one of their linebackers to recoup a draft pick according to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune. What a veteran linebacker would bring in return isn't clear right now. The Bears have seven veteran linebackers and that could be one or two too many after Pisa Tinoisamoa re-signed to compete for the starting job on the strong side.

Nick Roach, a restricted free agent who signed a tender for $1.684 million, and veteran Hunter Hillenmeyer, who is due to earn $1.7 million this season, could also be shopped. Hillenmeyer, 29, has the most experience. Roach, who turns 25 in June, was fourth on the team in tackles last season. Add special teams stalwart Tim Shaw to the mix and behind Urlacher and Lance Briggs, the Bears have an awfully crowded position room.

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/...er/Default.aspx

Cant see what we'd get, didnt appear anyone was interested

Bears could look to trade a linebacker

Apr

4/23/2010 12:45:09 PM | More

There is a feeling in the locker room that the Bears could consider trading one of their linebackers to recoup a draft pick according to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune. What a veteran linebacker would bring in return isn't clear right now. The Bears have seven veteran linebackers and that could be one or two too many after Pisa Tinoisamoa re-signed to compete for the starting job on the strong side.

Nick Roach, a restricted free agent who signed a tender for $1.684 million, and veteran Hunter Hillenmeyer, who is due to earn $1.7 million this season, could also be shopped. Hillenmeyer, 29, has the most experience. Roach, who turns 25 in June, was fourth on the team in tackles last season. Add special teams stalwart Tim Shaw to the mix and behind Urlacher and Lance Briggs, the Bears have an awfully crowded position room.

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/...er/Default.aspx

Cant see what we'd get, didnt appear anyone was interested

I can't see us getting more than a 6th rounder for Roach or Williams. I would keep Shaw unless someone got crazy and offered us a 5th or better for him which they won't do.

Peace :dabears

I can't see us getting more than a 6th rounder for Roach or Williams. I would keep Shaw unless someone got crazy and offered us a 5th or better for him which they won't do.

Peace :dabears

Yeah, I don't know what we could get for those dudes. Kirk Morrison went for a 4th, right? He's only 28 and an extremely productive starter. Sounds like a buyer's market for LBs.