Cowboy's Draft Board

bradjock

http://sturminator.blogspot.com/2010/04/co...raft-board.html

PFT posted this topic. While this is fascinating, I found it particularly interesting they had Corey Wooton listed as the 3rd best player in the 3rd round. Meanwhile, they had Major Wright listed as the 14th player in the 4th round.

I wonder if that has to do with their defensive system. They were probably looking at Wootton as a 3-4 DE if could bulk up some. No clue why they were so down on Wright - maybe he can't horsecollar a guy to save his life?

Again, we are talking about Jerry freaking Jones. If Parcells were still the GM, this thread would have an entirely new meaning, but how many here can really say Jerry Jones is some great talent evaluator?

Take a look at their team. The vast majority of their team is composed of either players Parcells drafted or FA additions. Very few players drafted since Parcells left are in the starting lineup, and of the few that are, most of those are players they are trying to upgrade, like OT Doug Free. Spencer finally played pretty well this past year, his 3rd. The only other rookie worth note is their CB Jenkins, who was taken in the 1st round and is pretty good, though far from great.

Seriously. Getting to look at another teams draft board is pretty cool, but before we think too hard about how they evaluated players we drafted, take a step back and consider who their GM is and what sort of record he has in the draft. Jerry was pretty damn bad prior to Parcells, and has not done much since.

I wonder if that has to do with their defensive system. They were probably looking at Wootton as a 3-4 DE if could bulk up some. No clue why they were so down on Wright - maybe he can't horsecollar a guy to save his life?