Url excited about D

GrizzlyBear

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/...rs-defense.html

As the Bears concluded minicamp Sunday, coach Lovie Smith walked away impressed with the overall progress made, particularly on defense.

"I'm excited,'' Smith said. "There's nothing to not like about what we did. Getting Brian (Urlacher) back at his position and seeing Brian and Lance (Briggs) back together, and Pisa Tinoisamoa also coming back. Then seeing Chris Harris back on the field and hearing his voice, along with seeing Julius Peppers. I see Tommie Harris in the best health he's been in. Mark Anderson ... seeing Zack Bowman continuing to make progress ... it kind of goes on and on. We like what we saw out there.''

Urlacher was pleased with the defensive efforts, too. Bowman had another interception Sunday, his third in as many days. Craig Steltz also had a pick.

"Exciting man,'' Urlacher said. "We're fast. We get to the football. We fly around. Guys know that if they don't get to the ball, they're not going to play, so dudes were flying around. Lots of talking, lots of chatter, which I like. Just a lot of fun.''

Urlacher praised the play of safety Chris Harris, although he gave his teammate a hard time about dropping a couple sure interceptions during the three-day minicamp.

"Hell yeah I gave him a hard time,'' Urlacher said. "He dropped two, right in his chest. Pep (Julius Peppers) works. Tim Shaw did well. Pisa. Zack. I could go on and on."