Chris Harris Trade Details

adam

Chris posted on the Windy City Gridiron Blog:

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2010/5/24...trade#storyjump

The roller coaster started rollin' the night before the day of the trade. It was a Monday and I was getting ready to go to game four of the Charlotte Bobcats' playoff game against Orlando. My mind was 100% focused on what I hoped would be a Bobcat win, and then my agent, Albert Elias, called (Follow that guy on Facebook - He's too cool). He said...

"Chris -- The (Carolina) Panthers are trying to trade you. And if they can't find a deal by tomorrow they're going to release you."

I was kinda shocked - I really didn't foresee that news coming, at all. Honestly, I thought that if the Panthers were going to send me on my way they would have let me go back in March, when they released a lot of other guys on the team. So -- yeah -- to get that call from Albert the day after the NFL Draft was somewhat shocking.

The next morning, Albert calls again and told me, "Hey... You might be going to St. Louis, OR I can see if you can get back with the Bears."

I was like, "Well, between us two, get me back with the Bears."

So Albert - being the great agent he is - went to work and made things happen for me, like REALLY quickly. In what felt like no time at all, he was calling me back saying, "You're going back to the Bears."

I'm sure many of you who followed the story that day already know this, but after I got off the phone with Albert, I logged into my Twitter account (Twitter.com/ChrisHarrisNFL) and tweeted...

"Breaking News: I will be traded to the Chicago Bears. Carolina, you have been great to me and will be deeply missed. I'll always have a special place in my heart for you."

Weeeeeell... I guess Albert told me what was going to happen a little prematurely, because the deal wasn't all the way done, yet. So, later that day, the Bears called me and asked that I delete the tweet, because things weren't official yet - so I did. But, on a pretty cool note, concerning my status update, I understand that I was the first professional athlete to tweet my trade via Twitter. Pretty cool, huh?

I really like Chris Harris and glad he is back with us.