Looking forward to this

AZ54

In the last couple seasons Hester has focused on weight lifting to get stronger, and IMO it showed on the field as he lost some of his quickness and burst. This offseason he's changing things up a bit and I hope we see that lightning burst that made him so dangerous.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2010/07/he..._ex-rams_g.html

"The thing I really did this summer is I cut back on weight training and focused more on conditioning to really get myself an overtime workout," Hester said. "I've got to be able to play six quarters a game. I want to be able to go the whole game without being fatigued.

"I felt that I need to put extra time into conditioning because not only am I a receiver but I'm a returner and I have to be in better shape than the normal guy."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe that was Bruce's advice: Don't try to be the big WR, just be the quick little guy and when it's time to get hit, go down early. I'm laughing as I type because that was always the one trait I hated with the Rams WRs under Martz. They burn you for 15 yards and you don't even get a chance to hit them because they always went down early.

In a WR I don't mind that. In a RB, it's rubbish. Sweetness was the epitome of "never say die"!

In the last couple seasons Hester has focused on weight lifting to get stronger, and IMO it showed on the field as he lost some of his quickness and burst. This offseason he's changing things up a bit and I hope we see that lightning burst that made him so dangerous.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2010/07/he..._ex-rams_g.html

"The thing I really did this summer is I cut back on weight training and focused more on conditioning to really get myself an overtime workout," Hester said. "I've got to be able to play six quarters a game. I want to be able to go the whole game without being fatigued.

"I felt that I need to put extra time into conditioning because not only am I a receiver but I'm a returner and I have to be in better shape than the normal guy."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe that was Bruce's advice: Don't try to be the big WR, just be the quick little guy and when it's time to get hit, go down early. I'm laughing as I type because that was always the one trait I hated with the Rams WRs under Martz. They burn you for 15 yards and you don't even get a chance to hit them because they always went down early.

Yeah, Hester looked seriously rocked up last season...maybe all the lifting made him less shifty and explosive. Also, I'm just excited that he's working with Isaac Bruce. I know it's probably too much to hope for, but look what happened to Sidney Rice after he spent an offseason working with Larry Fitzgerald. If Hester can take a REMOTELY comparable leap from working with Bruce, he could be a good starting receiver.