Well Karma reared its ugly head

GrizzlyBear

LOL regarding Garza. It is truly a sad testiment that Garza has been one of our best OL in recent years.

I go back and forth on our OL. Part of me looks at it, and with some position changes and solid OL coach, I get a bit of hope that our OL will be better this year. Then part of me listens to the camp reports, and starts to worry. I know defenses usually are further along when camp starts in the first place, and our situation is exteme in that much of our D is filled with veterans and they are coming back to the same scheme used for years. On offense however, it couldn't have changed in the offseason more than it has with even the terminology used being different.

The OL will have between 2 and 4 players starting at positions which they did not start at last year. Williams is still developing. If Beekman doesn't start at LG, we will have another green player at that position. If Garza loses his job, the same. And whoever starts at RT will be different from last year. IMHO, more than any other position on the team, the OL needs time to develop chemistry, and that is even greater when you factor in a lot of youth. Now add in the fact that Tice is bring in a new blocking system, drastically different from what we have been doing, and I am starting to wonder how long before our OL settles.

Last year our OL went through numerous changes, but nothing like this season, and it took better than half the year for them to settle in. The OL actually finished the year on a fairly strong note, but that is the point. We have changed up far more than last year. I am starting to wonder if this OL won't really settle in until the later part of the year, which will be too late.

I noticed a few false starts on Tuesday myself and it seems there is a little tension going on on the O-line that may be based on the competition factor. BTW Garza looked in mid season form grabbing D-linemen's jerseys.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic