Wale to NE?

nfoligno

Just saw on PFT that NE is looking at Wale. Mentioning this because just last week, several spoke about how surprised they were Wale had not been signed yet.

Yeah, I was surprised to see that a team like the Jags or the Rams didn't take a look at him, at least as a nickel rusher. Both those teams need to get more pressure from their defensive lines, and Wale's still got a little gas left in the tank.

In general, this was an unusal offseason. Most teams seemed to hold back on spending a lot of money (thus all the talk of collusion), which made it that much more suprising that we spent so big.

With that said, I think there were quite a few veteran FAs out there who were holding off and waiting for camp to start. Once you had the initial FA additions, followed by the draft, the offers seemed to dry up. Wale may have seen interest from some teams, but maybe for the minimum, and held off under the belief that once camp began, teams would get more worried about holes (or would suffer injuries) and there would be more opportunities.

Yeah, I was surprised to see that a team like the Jags or the Rams didn't take a look at him, at least as a nickel rusher. Both those teams need to get more pressure from their defensive lines, and Wale's still got a little gas left in the tank.