Something Overlooked

lemonej

Last night while he was on the field Mark Anderson drew quite a few false start penalties which might be overstating what he really did since he seemed to be the one pointing out the offenders. Regardless of what he did production-wise if he can be disruptive to the timing of the O-line that is a positive. I can't tell you of any other plays that he made so his contribution last night were 2 or 3 false start penalties by the Chargers.

Yes, that was pretty much all he contributed last night. Since he never had much of a pass rush on the RT I wouldn't say it was his pressure causing the false starts.

Another thing that I noticed to is that Rivers and the 1st string used alot of 3 step drops to ensure we couldn't get to him so I can't go and blame the Dline for not getting any pressure.

Another thing that I noticed to is that Rivers and the 1st string used alot of 3 step drops to ensure we couldn't get to him so I can't go and blame the Dline for not getting any pressure.

One thing I noticed is how was are playing cover two with both safties on the hash marks, but #46 Harris can not get to the outside sideline WR which caused a touchdown. This means he is either too slow or making bad reads. When I played saftey in college we were taught to stay deeper that the deepest WR. He had a TE in front of him which was the LB' S duty so there was no reason for the pass to be caught for a TD. Bottom line is he should have been there.

One thing I noticed is how was are playing cover two with both safties on the hash marks, but #46 Harris can not get to the outside sideline WR which caused a touchdown. This means he is either too slow or making bad reads. When I played saftey in college we were taught to stay deeper that the deepest WR. He had a TE in front of him which was the LB' S duty so there was no reason for the pass to be caught for a TD. Bottom line is he should have been there.

On the play that you are talking about a replay showed that Rivers froze Harris with a pump fake which allowed the WR enough time to get to the corner before Harris could recover.

On the play that you are talking about a replay showed that Rivers froze Harris with a pump fake which allowed the WR enough time to get to the corner before Harris could recover.

That maybe true about the pump fake, but playing on the hash mark means you have that side of the field and with no other Wr in the arae then the outside man is your only responsibility. he should have cheater over to the sideline a bit more and that would have canceled the pump fake