Patrick Mannely

bowlingtwig

Can we please sign him long term. I know his contract is up after this year. At least its been said that he will be back for the 3rd preseason game against the Cardinals. Although seeing Clark taking the duties for the day was very much hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing. Just proves to people that with a Long Snapper that you never know how important it is until your backup is in there lol.

Can we please sign him long term. I know his contract is up after this year. At least its been said that he will be back for the 3rd preseason game against the Cardinals. Although seeing Clark taking the duties for the day was very much hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing. Just proves to people that with a Long Snapper that you never know how important it is until your backup is in there lol.

how many center prospective offensive linemen do we currently have on our roster? i count 4 - kreutz, beekman, tim walter and pat mannely.

here are a couple questions for any offensive line guru's out there... since there is not any competition for starting center but only in a backup situation to replace kreutz (and we've already seen that crap from beekman) why do none of these considered centers practice at special teams long snapping especially since our ONLY longsnapper is THIRTY FIVE freaking years old?

wouldn't it be nice if we had someone, who actually is a center, at least practicing to replace our special teams center if something happened to him (which i'm sure would never happen) instead of relying on a 33 year old TE/HB?

just wondering.

how many center prospective offensive linemen do we currently have on our roster? i count 4 - kreutz, beekman, tim walter and pat mannely.

here are a couple questions for any offensive line guru's out there... since there is not any competition for starting center but only in a backup situation to replace kreutz (and we've already seen that crap from beekman) why do none of these considered centers practice at special teams long snapping especially since our ONLY longsnapper is THIRTY FIVE freaking years old?

wouldn't it be nice if we had someone, who actually is a center, at least practicing to replace our special teams center if something happened to him (which i'm sure would never happen) instead of relying on a 33 year old TE/HB?

just wondering.

Well it doesn't really need to be a C, some of the better longsnappers have started as TE's but yes someone should be trained into it

just wondering.

My question would be why don't the Bears prep both Kreutz and Mannelly for each others' jobs? In the event something like what has happened with Mannelly occurs? Additionally, why wouldn't they (Bears) then train one of the "backup" Centers ie: Beekman, to be ready to do either job in a pinch? I mean really....D. Clark? What is the thought process in that? I don't get it.