Cutdowns coming

flea

Sad to see Shaw go. He was a ST stud... We missed Ayanbedejo, we'll probably miss Shaw.

Shaw is gone too. The last cuts will be among Gilbert, Iglesias, Wolfe as the Bears will hold out to see if they can get anything at all for them. I'd say two of those three are gone, if not all three.

I know it all don't matter, just something for me to write on the board, cuz I can't think of much else. What can you say about this team, anyways...

Honestly, I am not sure if we put Urlacher on the block that he would get one offer. Thing with Urlacher is the contract. Even without the cap, that is a lot of money to eat, and I just question whether a team would do it, especially with the injury issues.

That's assuming that he would keep the contract in the trade. A lot of veterans want that chance to win a ring. Given the state of the team, Urlacher may think he won't have that chance by the time he retires. If there is a competitive out there that sees him as a missing piece, it may be a marriage made in heaven. Urlacher possibly taking a pay cut to have a chance at a championship. Atlanta did give a 2nd round pick last year for an almost 33 year old Tony Gonzo at the time.

Again, don't see it. What has he done as a return man in the last two years? Nothing. Hard enough to get teams to give up quality picks for a good/great return man, but for one who hasn't done well in several years?

He ain't did crap imho. I just could see him having some value. Look at all the Bears 3rd and 4th round busts of late. I know other teams may not have had as bad of luck, but you never know what you are going to get there. Would you rather take that gamble on an unknown player in the draft, or someone you saw do amazing things a couple years ago until his team tried to switch things up. I could easily see a team giving a 4th for Hester. The 3rd was allowing for a desperate team or crazy coaches/gm's like ours that thinks he's a starter. Out of 32 teams, got to be one other out there right?

Tillman was just demoted by the team. He has dealt with numerous injuries over the last few years. He is more a system player as he doesn't have the speed to play man, meaning the group of teams who "may" like him would be smaller.

[/b]

Demoted, injuries, nearly dying kids, the guy has had a couple of rough years. The simple fact is tho, he is still a starting CB on this team. A solid starting CB is worth a 4th round pick. Heck people defended getting Ricky Manning Jr. to be the teams nickel back a few years ago for a 3rd. Tillman forced 6 fumbles last year (3 in a game) and had a couple picks (one of which went for a TD). Not to mention, the 3 FF and and Int for a TD games last year were on national prime time football.

Likely nothing as many expect him to be cut.

Agreed, I couldn't have seen anything for Wolfe. If someone saw some potential tho, and suspected some competition signing him, then that conditional 7th round pick thing is used a lot by teams.

Actually think it possible we could get a 4th. He has played well, is still young, contact isn't bad. He is likely the most tradable of the bunch. Still wouldn't do it, but just talking trade value.

I just don't see it. I think he would have been gone if the Bears could have gotten a fourth before/during the draft. They may not want to get rid of him now after seeing him in camp and making plans on how to use him this season. I just don't don't see them not wanting to get rid of him now for a 4th means that other teams would be willing to pay that price or the 4th.

Over all, I don't see anyone on the team that is tradable that is worth trading. We just disagree on their value to other teams.