Lions @ Bears, 9/12/10 game thread

balta1701-A

Exactly, great point. Cutler threw for 372 yds and would have been over 400 yards if DA didn't drop the perfectly placed ball in the end zone. I think I counted DA with 4 drops, not sure what the NFL count is cuz its not up yet, but then you consider the fumbles by Olsen and Forte when we are driving. The Oline wasn't great but they weren't horrible either. Detroit had 4 sacks, which isn't good however that means the oline performed better than they did in the preseason. Oline did allow Cutler some time 2 throw. By no means were they great but they did perform better than they did in the preseason which is a step in the right direction. The next 2 weeks will be tough ones though and the Oline must do better.

At least a couple of those sacks were "coverage" sacks. One of them the Bears held the full set of TE's in, only sent out 2 WR, and Cutler had forever to throw the ball; he just didn't have anyone open to throw it to.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell yes Bowling. As long as we beat Dallas next week, this bad game will be quickly forgotten. Enjoy it while we can.

I don't know how good/bad Dallas will be this year...but if the Bears played exactly this game they'd lose next week. If the Bears played exactly this game but held onto the football, I think they'd have a real good shot.

Hell yes Bowling. As long as we beat Dallas next week, this bad game will be quickly forgotten. Enjoy it while we can.

I am so glad I will be home next week 2 watch the game. Unfortunately I just know that I will miss the Monday night game against GB in wk 3. I normally leave Sunday nights, like I will tonight probably around 8. I was glad 2 see that the offense is making strides, unfortunately we do have a tough schedule this year. I don't believe Minny will be as good as they were last year but GB is tough.

I am so glad I will be home next week 2 watch the game. Unfortunately I just know that I will miss the Monday night game against GB in wk 3. I normally leave Sunday nights, like I will tonight probably around 8. I was glad 2 see that the offense is making strides, unfortunately we do have a tough schedule this year. I don't believe Minny will be as good as they were last year but GB is tough.

GB's offensive line hasn't looked great against Philly, but Philly is going to lose because their O started with nothing and now Kolb is hurt.

GB's offensive line hasn't looked great against Philly, but Philly is going to lose because their O started with nothing and now Kolb is hurt.

Yup, I see that. I am watching the game also. Kolb isn't hurt hurt he just had a concussion and I think Vick could hurt them more because of his altheticism. but if Ryan Grant is out for a while thats good news because they don't have a running game without him. I know Kuhn is doing alright but hes just a FB and Jackson sucks.

Yup, I see that. I am watching the game also. Kolb isn't hurt hurt he just had a concussion and I think Vick could hurt them more because of his altheticism. but if Ryan Grant is out for a while thats good news because they don't have a running game without him. I know Kuhn is doing alright but hes just a FB and Jackson sucks.

Ryan Grant had a walking boot on later in the game. I think he's gone for a good whiel.

I'd have to agree that the oline wasn't horrific. In fact Martz tailored his offense to Cutler's style of play and thusly did the "zone scheme" blocking which allowed Cutler to roll out and scramble if need be. Looked as though a few players need to keep working on plays and being where they should be (Knox) and figure out what the deal is with fumbling all of a sudden. From what I saw I am encouraged but not quite sold yet.

The Defense played stellar. I think Marinelli may know what he's doing after all.

The next couple of weeks will be telling for sure.