I am a bit worried...

Pixote

I think the Lions are going to be a lot better than they have been. I am quite concerned that we might lay an egg tomorrow. If their defensive line plays up to the billing they are getting, and if our offensive line plays as bad as they did in preseason, we will not get a running game going, Cutler will be forced to pass too often, and I smell an upset.

If we can at least run block effectively and get some decent yardage on the ground, then I think we will be fine.

I must admit, for the first time this preseason, I am getting a bit concerned.

Hopefully the Bears will come out and prove my concerns unfounded.

TBH, if Detroit beats the Bears tomorrow, I won't even consider it an upset. Jahvid Best is very good as long as he keeps concussions to a minimum, talk out of Lions camp is Stafford has been fantastic, Megatron is Megatron, and Suh/Vanden Bosch is dangerous. Luckily, they haven't gotten to fixing their horrible secondary, yet.

If the OL plays like they did in preseason, Vanden Bosch and Suh will both get to Cutler 2+ times. However, I can see Cutler throwing for 250+ yards and 3 TD's. The rest will be up to the Bears horrible secondary, then.

It will happen if Halas hall has benn lieing about the blocking scheme, They stated they made no calls to test out the line on individual play not schemes. So saying that I think you might see a different offense then the one that in preseason. But only tommorrow will tell. I figure that Cutler will have a great day and screen passes will dominate a pursuing defence. It was the signature of the Rams whenever they played a team that touted a hefty D against them, Faulk had hay days on them. Hope is that Forte and Taylor will have the same.

All will be fine. The game is at home and this will be a good baramoter of things to come. I think a lot of the anticipation is due to the untraditional mixing of Bears football (dominant running) with a Martz offensive scheme (Air Coryell). The two make for strange bedfellows. But it is bound to happen if Cutler is going to be used effectively.

I predict a monster year for Taylor. Marshall Faulkish. I'm ready for some football!!!

I think the Lions are going to be a lot better than they have been. I am quite concerned that we might lay an egg tomorrow. If their defensive line plays up to the billing they are getting, and if our offensive line plays as bad as they did in preseason, we will not get a running game going, Cutler will be forced to pass too often, and I smell an upset.

If we can at least run block effectively and get some decent yardage on the ground, then I think we will be fine.

I must admit, for the first time this preseason, I am getting a bit concerned.

Hopefully the Bears will come out and prove my concerns unfounded.

Pix - I think your post speaks volumes. When, in the past 5 years, have we worried this much about a season opener? At home? Against the Lions?

Bear nation as a collective has lost faith in the leadership/direction of this team. Now, the only thread of hope we have left is that this group of leaders sandbagged the pre-season??? Really? I don't believe for a second that any of them other than Martz has that much balls.

I look for our team to be a middle class competitor this year. I think we beat Detroit, but have a very real chance of starting the season 1-5.

Pix - I think your post speaks volumes. When, in the past 5 years, have we worried this much about a season opener? At home? Against the Lions?

Bear nation as a collective has lost faith in the leadership/direction of this team. Now, the only thread of hope we have left is that this group of leaders sandbagged the pre-season??? Really? I don't believe for a second that any of them other than Martz has that much balls.

I look for our team to be a middle class competitor this year. I think we beat Detroit, but have a very real chance of starting the season 1-5.

I'm not so much worried about this game as I am the others. Martz is very smart and he will call alot of screen plays to beat the oncoming rush from the Dline. I just don't see the Lions calling alot of blitzes because if we pick it up it exposes that secondary. BTW detroit has yielding opposing QB rating's of 105+ for the past several seasons. An improved Dline doesn't make up for how bad that secondary really is. And I am sorry I am not about 2 bend over and kiss there shoes yet. All the media says is how good Detroit is going to be because they have Suh. He may end up being a HOF player OR he could be another 1st round bust as Detroit has a history of those lately. We don't know and until he proves it 2 me in a regular season games I am not about to anoint him as the best DT in the game like the media wants 2 do.