Are there any Lovie nut-huggers left?!

jason

Really? You're still defending this clown? After multiple seasons and multiple games of horrendous decisions, atrocious clock management, and a complete inability to adjust in real time? Lovie must wear a diaper, because there's no way he'd make a decision to sit on the toilet early enough to stop the shit from staining his shorts. And if he did have enough time, he'd probably think holding it would be the best idea, and he'd go for it...kind of like he did with the 4th quarter.

Really? You're still defending this clown? After multiple seasons and multiple games of horrendous decisions, atrocious clock management, and a complete inability to adjust in real time? Lovie must wear a diaper, because there's no way he'd make a decision to sit on the toilet early enough to stop the shit from staining his shorts. And if he did have enough time, he'd probably think holding it would be the best idea, and he'd go for it...kind of like he did with the 4th quarter.

I don't think you will find any on this site.

Peace :dabears

Brilliant rant!!!!!!

I dont support but they are leading the Bears right now and I hope for a change, Martz signing gave me hope that Lovies offfensive system was scrapped. With that I give them this year and next, when lovies contract runs out with martz's they will either keep martz and dump Lovie or resign them all. One thing any GM and Pres know of team, that if they putting up 400 yards game offense you dont change the system. And thats where we are at. Complain all you want but the reality is that Lovie will see the end of contract and Cutler is hoping that martz sticks no matter what.

How is it the Coaching staff, Did Lovie drop the endzone pass? no it comes down to one thing and one thing only, Players have to play. Coaching staff can teach but players need to apply. One if the Bears scored on that dropped pass by DA it would 26 points on the board and if the line would have pushed a hole on the goaline it woulda been 33 points. Coaches in the Pros can do so much. The D came up big the whole game. The backs were excellant , Cutler was Better then good, Line play and reciever drops along with fumbles hurt this teams ability to score. There is noway on God's green earth anyone can tell me that this was Lovies fault or Angelos. The real deal is most you been calling for Lovies head since the year after the Super bowl. His record is better then any coach for chicago since Halas.

Just because he failed in the past does not mean he will fail in the future. Maybe he can change tactics, I seen the corners press today like never before in a Lovie D. They have went away from deep corner play and resembles when Chico was here. For one game the ridicule has nothing to do with Bears Win or play, It has everything to do with People hating on the guy that took this team to Superbowl. Granted we lost, but he still took us there. You dont have like his ways but give him a chance to prove the nay sayers wrong.

Good God, you are absolutely delusional. A monkey could do a better job at HC than the dumb ass sitting in the seat now. You don't think this collection of garbage we call call an offensive line is Angelo's fault? 3 plays from the 2 ft line and we can't score? TNEN, our fearless leader goes for it on 4th down? Yeah, the players screwed up. Aromashodu should NEVER EVER EVER ask about any lack of playing time after dropping a sure TD. Same thing with Olsen and his fumbles. But, what the hell was Bowman doing alone against the most dangerous receiver in our division at the most crucial time of the game? How did we allow the Lions to march down the field at the end? ALL falls at the feet of Lovie Smith. If there is a God, and I believe there is, this SOB will be gone at seasons end because from the looks of it, THIS team will not win more than 6 games this year. One other thing. I'll never mention 1985 again and you never mention 2006 again. Neither means a damned thing today.

How is it the Coaching staff, Did Lovie drop the endzone pass? no it comes down to one thing and one thing only, Players have to play. Coaching staff can teach but players need to apply. One if the Bears scored on that dropped pass by DA it would 26 points on the board and if the line would have pushed a hole on the goaline it woulda been 33 points. Coaches in the Pros can do so much. The D came up big the whole game. The backs were excellant , Cutler was Better then good, Line play and reciever drops along with fumbles hurt this teams ability to score. There is noway on God's green earth anyone can tell me that this was Lovies fault or Angelos. The real deal is most you been calling for Lovies head since the year after the Super bowl. His record is better then any coach for chicago since Halas.

Just because he failed in the past does not mean he will fail in the future. Maybe he can change tactics, I seen the corners press today like never before in a Lovie D. They have went away from deep corner play and resembles when Chico was here. For one game the ridicule has nothing to do with Bears Win or play, It has everything to do with People hating on the guy that took this team to Superbowl. Granted we lost, but he still took us there. You dont have like his ways but give him a chance to prove the nay sayers wrong.

Good God, you are absolutely delusional. A monkey could do a better job at HC than the dumb ass sitting in the seat now. You don't think this collection of garbage we call call an offensive line is Angelo's fault? 3 plays from the 2 ft line and we can't score? TNEN, our fearless leader goes for it on 4th down? Yeah, the players screwed up. Aromashodu should NEVER EVER EVER ask about any lack of playing time after dropping a sure TD. Same thing with Olsen and his fumbles. But, what the hell was Bowman doing alone against the most dangerous receiver in our division at the most crucial time of the game? How did we allow the Lions to march down the field at the end? ALL falls at the feet of Lovie Smith. If there is a God, and I believe there is, this SOB will be gone at seasons end because from the looks of it, THIS team will not win more than 6 games this year. One other thing. I'll never mention 1985 again and you never mention 2006 again. Neither means a damned thing today.

Frankly, you're both right. If the players produced they'd make Lovie look smarter (or luckier at least.) But going for it then and there when you could put the game score at a comfortable lead, particularly after failing over and over... Made no sense at all. And going into "prevent" with the score being what it was then absolutely made no sense at all.

Angelo deserves the blame for this line. Without question. If it comes together and isn't the huge weakness I believe it to be, he'll then deserve the credit for sticking to his guns. But right now they don't appear to be a team strength and that's very kind of me.

I'm happy with the production of this offense (aside from the turnovers) but with that said, I'm not sure what'll happen when we play defenses that exploit our line. I was in the 3-13 category before this game and while we were lucky to win, we were a few fundamental plays away from blowing the Lions out. So, upgrading my take on the season to 6-10 isn't out of the realm of reality. That still gets Lovie fired.

By the way do you constantly rant and call people names when they dont agree with you? These players are paid millions and to put blame on coach for professional attitudes is absurd. If this were college those things would hold true, But its pro. I know for fact if I was paid like them I would Preform to utmost ability. Why I dont buy the discipline thing, They have every reason to preform but for whatever reason did not prefom well. It was not horrible as some would say. But overall a win is win.

Hey pal, I didn't call you a name. I just said you are delusional ANY YOU ARE if you think Smith and Angelo aren't to blame for this mess. AND HELL YES I rant. Just like every other poster on here. You gonna tell me you don't? One more thing, the reason these guys fumble, miss tackles and blocks is because our genius HC doesn't believe in practicing those stupid fundamentals. I know how much these guys get paid but when you do not practice the fundamental elements of the game you are going to pay for it, just like this team has been doing since , well, you know when. (Hint: The last year Rivera was here). Face it, Lovie Smith is a boneheaded yokel whose probably a great guy but he sucks as a HC in the NFL. Hell, at this point, I doubt he could even be a decent DC.

By the way do you constantly rant and call people names when they dont agree with you? These players are paid millions and to put blame on coach for professional attitudes is absurd. If this were college those things would hold true, But its pro. I know for fact if I was paid like them I would Preform to utmost ability. Why I dont buy the discipline thing, They have every reason to preform but for whatever reason did not prefom well. It was not horrible as some would say. But overall a win is win.

Griz, there is no question the players blew some plays, and made plenty of mistakes. At the same time, Lovie deserves more blame than you are willing to give him.

Going for it on 4th down? Seriously? A FG puts us in the lead, and late in the game at that. I could better understand if our D was playing awful, and there was no confidence our D would be able to make the following stand, but our D was playing stout, and taking the lead should have been the priority.

Final Detroit drive, we went away from the D that had shut them down all game, and played soft. We flat out let them march downfield into scoring position. Marinelli is the DC, but no way you can't say Lovie is involved in that, especially as that is such a typical Lovie move.

Finally, here we are at the end. Det has ONE PLAYER who, in such a situation you have to worry about. And we put Bowman on an island against him? Final play of the game. Bulls need a basket to score. You think the other team doubles Jordan? No, not comparing Calvin with MJ, but the point is, you focus on the team's best player and make someone else beat you.

Yea, players and other coaches made plenty of bone head plays/calls, but in the end, it is the above sort of decisions which separates good coaches from bad, and Lovie proved once again to be a bad coach.

I believe in Lovie and will continue to support him. If players like Urlacher, Briggs (who are on the roster opposed to me) and others say they will play for him at all cost then I go with their judgement.

The Defense looked inspired and the Offense looked "improved". Despite the turnovers, which is an individual problem not a coaching problem, I think the team will continue to get better.

The Defense looked inspired and the Offense looked "improved". Despite the turnovers, which is an individual problem not a coaching problem, I think the team will continue to get better.

Turnovers, esp. fumbles like the ones the Bears had...can definitely be a coaching problem. In game 1...that could well mean that they just didn't pay enough attention in TC to the old "Hold on to the ball" practice.

Hey pal, I didn't call you a name. I just said you are delusional ANY YOU ARE if you think Smith and Angelo aren't to blame for this mess. AND HELL YES I rant. Just like every other poster on here. You gonna tell me you don't? One more thing, the reason these guys fumble, miss tackles and blocks is because our genius HC doesn't believe in practicing those stupid fundamentals. I know how much these guys get paid but when you do not practice the fundamental elements of the game you are going to pay for it, just like this team has been doing since , well, you know when. (Hint: The last year Rivera was here). Face it, Lovie Smith is a boneheaded yokel whose probably a great guy but he sucks as a HC in the NFL. Hell, at this point, I doubt he could even be a decent DC.

Being called Delusional is a name, However lets drop that part. Your stating that People being paid millions dont practice fundementals during OTA"S and mini Camps. Get off the shroom diet dude. With a 12 month training program that is now the norm, they have to work on fundementals. But maybe they slacked due to learning a new system. Either way it goes your distain for Smith is evident in your writing, We will see who eats crow this year, If me I know Ill eat it, but you I doubt, I doubt that you would change your mind even if they go to the superbowl this year.

Griz, there is no question the players blew some plays, and made plenty of mistakes. At the same time, Lovie deserves more blame than you are willing to give him.

I never said some of the blame is not his. But most goes on the players.

Going for it on 4th down? Seriously? A FG puts us in the lead, and late in the game at that. I could better understand if our D was playing awful, and there was no confidence our D would be able to make the following stand, but our D was playing stout, and taking the lead should have been the priority.

Totaly agree, but if they made the TD on the goaline would it be the same talk then?

Final Detroit drive, we went away from the D that had shut them down all game, and played soft. We flat out let them march downfield into scoring position. Marinelli is the DC, but no way you can't say Lovie is involved in that, especially as that is such a typical Lovie move.

Have to agree, Maranelli called the prevent and went back to cover 2, But it was Manning who blew the coverage and should have been there instead Bowman had to single cover, wrong move and outa position on manning.

Finally, here we are at the end. Det has ONE PLAYER who, in such a situation you have to worry about. And we put Bowman on an island against him? Final play of the game. Bulls need a basket to score. You think the other team doubles Jordan? No, not comparing Calvin with MJ, but the point is, you focus on the team's best player and make someone else beat you.

Read above bro

Yea, players and other coaches made plenty of bone head plays/calls, but in the end, it is the above sort of decisions which separates good coaches from bad, and Lovie proved once again to be a bad coach.

I doint doubt that LS made mistakes in calls. But I have to look at what the offense did during the game (outside of Fumbles) They moved the ball well. So good infact that QB had 108.3 qb rating. The biggest thing that worried all of us here was the O line play and the D. Both played realy well until the final drive. Most coaches will adjust for the next game. Lets see what happens on the turnovers and play calling on D. If bno0th are improved then we know that Lovie is adapting, If not then ILl jump on the bandwagon with you all, But until then lets support them and hope for a win in Dallas.

Turnovers, esp. fumbles like the ones the Bears had...can definitely be a coaching problem. In game 1...that could well mean that they just didn't pay enough attention in TC to the old "Hold on to the ball" practice.

It could be a "coaching problem" but goes to the heart of basic fundamentals that I see discussed elsewhere, which in my mind would suggest a long running issue that hasn't been fixed since these guys were playing pee wee football. Don't think that the case. Besides, Chester Taylor didn't seem to have any problems holding onto the ball.

Totaly agree, but if they made the TD on the goaline would it be the same talk then?

If if and buts..... If Calvin makes the catch, we lose. If Stafford didn't go down with injury...Man, we can play that game all day, looking at it from both sides. We didn't punch it in though. In fact, we didn't even look close. It was sick how they man handled us down there. Thus going for it was simply a bad call. Worse, Lovie is saying he would do it again.

Have to agree, Maranelli called the prevent and went back to cover 2, But it was Manning who blew the coverage and should have been there instead Bowman had to single cover, wrong move and outa position on manning.

So this is just on Marinelli? Lovie gets credit for how the D played all game, but not for the playcalling at the end. Sorry, but I would think more the opposite. Usually a HC doesn't meddle until the end of the half or end of the game with playcalling. Or maybe in the red zone. It is far more likely Lovie had a hand in the final drive defense.

I doint doubt that LS made mistakes in calls. But I have to look at what the offense did during the game (outside of Fumbles) They moved the ball well. So good infact that QB had 108.3 qb rating. The biggest thing that worried all of us here was the O line play and the D. Both played realy well until the final drive. Most coaches will adjust for the next game. Lets see what happens on the turnovers and play calling on D. If bno0th are improved then we know that Lovie is adapting, If not then ILl jump on the bandwagon with you all, But until then lets support them and hope for a win in Dallas.

One, I think you are giving a bit too much credit to Lovie for the play of the offense, unless you are crediting Lovie for bringing in Martz. Two, while I do give your D some props for playing as well as they did (a) it was Detroit and (B) they looked great against a backup QB. Stafford was 11 of 15 for 83 yards and a QB rating of 86 prior to the injury. I have to wonder if the D looks so great if he didn't leave the game.

Stafford was 11 of 15 for 83 yards and a QB rating of 86 prior to the injury. I have to wonder if the D looks so great if he didn't leave the game.

It's worth wondering about...but also take a moment and note that those stats really aren't great for a half of football, esp. if your team isn't having success running the ball. It's a high completion percentage, but the YPA is very low. That kind of stat line suggests to me that your team is struggling to move the ball in large chunks, so you're checking down to the RB/TE a lot, throwing a lot of screens, etc. Easy, high-percentage completions with very little added after the catch. Plus you throw in a legitimate sack or two such that the passing game marches backwards a bit.

Sure, stats lie.... But look beyond just the completion stat. Stafford led Det on two scoring drives in the first half, both for TDs. He led them 42 yards for a score, followed by 60 yards and a score.

Counter that with Shaun Hill. Aside from the final drive, he had ONE drive over 3 plays, and that was a 4 play drive that ended with an interception.

So yes, while I give the D credit, I also hold back going overboard. I grant that this Lions team is improved, but Stafford put 14 on us in the first half. Our D looked good at that time, but nothing like how they looked in the 2nd half against Hill.

Next week we get Romo, and that will be a legit test. We do have a thing or two on our side. We talk much about our OL, but that is the talk of the town here in Dallas. Their OL wasn't great to begin with, and suffered several injuries in camp. Columbo is their starting RT, but is hurt. Baron is supposed to be their backup LT, but is playing RT due to Columbo, and was killed. I believe one of their OGs is also hurt and out. Wash owned their OL. Also, Jason Garrett, their OC, has taken loads of heat because, despite having a solid ground game, he liked to run the ball less than Martz. So while this will be a good test for the D, it is also one they have opportunities in.

It's worth wondering about...but also take a moment and note that those stats really aren't great for a half of football, esp. if your team isn't having success running the ball. It's a high completion percentage, but the YPA is very low. That kind of stat line suggests to me that your team is struggling to move the ball in large chunks, so you're checking down to the RB/TE a lot, throwing a lot of screens, etc. Easy, high-percentage completions with very little added after the catch. Plus you throw in a legitimate sack or two such that the passing game marches backwards a bit.