Bears @ Cowboys, 9/19/10 Game thread

balta1701-A

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're up 10 now with 4:45 on the clock and Dallas has only 2 TO's left.

That 2 possession lead is a huge difference in terms of running the "prevent".

Agreed. But when you've shut down an opposing defense to 10 points an entire game, why change and give them open room? Why pull back? Why not just go at it?

All the sudden Romo has a ton of passes in the last two drives that he didn't have nearly as frequently in the first half.

Agreed. But when you've shut down an opposing defense to 10 points an entire game, why change and give them open room? Why pull back? Why not just go at it?

All the sudden Romo has a ton of passes in the last two drives that he didn't have nearly as frequently in the first half.

If you can keep them in bounds...the quicker everything is over, the fewer chances there are for big things to go wrong.

agreed. i want to see the defense go for the juggler.

agreed. i want to see the defense go for the juggler.

That's kind of my point. Why do anything different? Why not even step it up one small notch, and try to go for the kill? Allowing a team to have a sliver of hope, no matter how small that sliver is, is a bad idea.

To be honest, after the first quarter or so, the line didn't pass block all that bad.

You're right, of course (i.e. they DID block better). But the thing about it is, I wonder if the OL pass blocked that much better, or if the Cowboys' defense shat their pants when Martz figured out how to beat that "send the house" defensive blitzing strategy. Previously, that was something Bears' OC's couldn't figure out. Now, however, that's not so.

I don't even know who their DC is, but as we have painfully learned, not all Coordinators in the NFL can make game time adjustments.

You're right, of course (i.e. they DID block better). But the thing about it is, I wonder if the OL pass blocked that much better, or if the Cowboys' defense shat their pants when Martz figured out how to beat that "send the house" defensive blitzing strategy. Previously, that was something Bears' OC's couldn't figure out. Now, however, that's not so.

I don't even know who their DC is, but as we have painfully learned, not all Coordinators in the NFL can make game time adjustments.

If a team can't get a lot of pressure without sending the house..and a QB gets the ball out of their hands fast enough to beat the blitz, then that's going to beat most every team in the NFL.

If a team can't get a lot of pressure without sending the house..and a QB gets the ball out of their hands fast enough to beat the blitz, then that's going to beat most every team in the NFL.

Agreed. But what is the initial cause?

In this case, I'd have to say it was the quick adjustment by Martz and the Bears offense that forced the OTHER TEAM to change their game plan. Hence, less pressure. It surely wasn't the lack of success from the blitz that caused the change.

WTF DBDB?? Ireland?? What part of Ireland?

shoulda pm'd me I'd have given you a stream

(ya might want to check with a pub as Liverpool play Man Utd early & the All-Ireland football final is on also)

Ya, I was in Cork for part of the day and than went back to Ennis where I'm staying and was able to catch the game at a small pub. The pubs were packed today though with both of those games going on during the afternoon.

I got in just before last weeks game and will be leaving this upcoming Sunday from Dublin. I'm here for business, but went to the Cliffs of Moher and some caves this past weekend + Cork. Just beautiful country and everyone is so friendly. And I'll be done with work on Thursday and will than spend Fri and Saturday in Dublin and of course raise a glass on Thursday night for Arthur's Day!!!!

What area are you in?

Fantastic win!!! After not being able to see much of last weeks game it was great seeing the Bears play and even better seeing em kick some butt!!! Cuter looked fantastic. Martz and Marinelli's did a nice job and the players executed. Still some stuff to clean up, but man thats a nice start to the season.

Still, we got a tough schedule and 2 tough ass games coming up. Keep it up Bears!!! And Keep improving!!!!

Agreed. But what is the initial cause?

In this case, I'd have to say it was the quick adjustment by Martz and the Bears offense that forced the OTHER TEAM to change their game plan. Hence, less pressure. It surely wasn't the lack of success from the blitz that caused the change.

Gotta say, it was sweet to see Martz react and adjust. Turnerwould just have kept butting his head against the wall. 2-0 is damn good.

Now, how about the Puckers??

Well said!

Fantastic win!!! After not being able to see much of last weeks game it was great seeing the Bears play and even better seeing em kick some butt!!! Cuter looked fantastic. Martz and Marinelli's did a nice job and the players executed. Still some stuff to clean up, but man thats a nice start to the season.

Still, we got a tough schedule and 2 tough ass games coming up. Keep it up Bears!!! And Keep improving!!!!

This week is huge for alot of reasons. #1- it's the Packers, #2- we have a chance to be the lead dog in our division, and #3- this win will undoubtedly give us the credibility and validity we've all been asking for. If we beat Green Bay, a team many consider to be in the Superbowl, It will not only make more people notice the Bears are back but it will also tell all of us that we can compete against the best. We just faced a tough Dallas team with an elite QB in Tony Romo, now we get Aaron Rodgers and his group of talented receivers.

I agree 100%

This week is huge for alot of reasons. #1- it's the Packers, #2- we have a chance to be the lead dog in our division, and #3- this win will undoubtedly give us the credibility and validity we've all been asking for. If we beat Green Bay, a team many consider to be in the Superbowl, It will not only make more people notice the Bears are back but it will also tell all of us that we can compete against the best. We just faced a tough Dallas team with an elite QB in Tony Romo, now we get Aaron Rodgers and his group of talented receivers.