About DA

lemonej

Listening to a clip from an interview with Jay Cutler on the Waddle and Silvy show on WMVP AM 1000(ESPN Radio) DA was held out of most of the action because he was held out of practice during the week because he had some knee issues and general soreness. He then went on to say that if you are not on the field in practice you can't be expected to contribute much in the game. The reporter Jeff Dickerson who is this station's Bears beat reporter and has been covering the team since camp began threw in his two cents and said that he felt that he thought that his crucial drops in the previous game had something to do with his receiving only one snap this week. I for one think that has some merit but also think that since all the other WRs are draft picks that it comes down to Rashied Davis and DA as the last two options and if Forte and Olsen are being used to create mismatches in the passing game those last two options are not needed. When you have 4 TEs, 2 RBs and 5 WRs active on game day somebody is going to be left out and this week it was Clark and DA. The other thing that I remember is that Hester was an after thought last week. This week he performed the perfect Az Akim role of Martz's offense and thats what he is. If he has to have a numerical value it should be a number 3 which is still good enough to garner 100 yards and some importance in this offense. If Hester cathes that deep sideline pass its an easy 100 yd and 2 TD game for him but he was not able to secure the catch so 4 for 71 says number 3. Right now the number one WR on the Bears is Knox just because of his production for both games. The Bears don't have a number two if you keep Forte out of the equation. Do I smell another tweak in this offense when Taylor and Forte are both in the game and Forte is split out wide? Stay Tuned.

I think holding DA out because of his drops is ridiculous. He got destroyed in the Lions game, alot of his drops were because he got hit as soon as he touched the ball. Alot of receivers would do the same. The one drop he had in the endzone was pretty bad I must say but no where near enough to hold him out for a game because of it. He's the best all around receiver on this team and is a guy that's going to receive the majority of the passes from Jay Cutler because he's a bigger target and can use his athleticism to come down with the ball. He's the #1 with Knox #2.

I think holding DA out because of his drops is ridiculous. He got destroyed in the Lions game, alot of his drops were because he got hit as soon as he touched the ball. Alot of receivers would do the same. The one drop he had in the endzone was pretty bad I must say but no where near enough to hold him out for a game because of it. He's the best all around receiver on this team and is a guy that's going to receive the majority of the passes from Jay Cutler because he's a bigger target and can use his athleticism to come down with the ball. He's the #1 with Knox #2.

Sorry man, DA is not the best all around receiver on the team. Thats Johnny Knox. DA is soft. You wanna drop passes, sit on the bench.