Few things before I go to bed

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

1. Clay Matthews has a ton of passion but god dammit is he rather dirty. Every time he takes a shot at your head

2. I know he was knocked around and really got beat up. But Cutler was pretty close to awful tonight. Really shoulda thrown minimum 3 INTs. Hats off to him for rushing for 1st downs and making a few huge throws, but his descisions were terrible. Like I said earlier, this was the best team we play this year. Need to turn around the run game and stop the BS passes (why lab-pass with 2:00 left? run the dam ball....

3. Oline actually played decent. I wish Rod Marinelli would take notice of what happens when u blitz

4. I said this a week or two back, but Zack Bowman definately deserved to be benched. Jennings to me played very well.

5. Julius Peppers best player on the field (our side anyway)

6. Almost broke my ceiling fan when Hester took the punt back

7. Johnny Knox, what a steal. Runs great routes and hustles. Awesome player for us.

8. Good game for Greg Olsen. Stop fumbling the dam ball though, your almost 270

9. Great descision to sit Harris and DA. If watching your team beat the Packers at home from the bench doesnt pump you up to play great nothing will.

10. John Kuhn, goe to hell. Ha!

1. Clay Matthews has a ton of passion but god dammit is he rather dirty. Every time he takes a shot at your head

2. I know he was knocked around and really got beat up. But Cutler was pretty close to awful tonight. Really shoulda thrown minimum 3 INTs. Hats off to him for rushing for 1st downs and making a few huge throws, but his descisions were terrible. Like I said earlier, this was the best team we play this year. Need to turn around the run game and stop the BS passes (why lab-pass with 2:00 left? run the dam ball....

3. Oline actually played decent. I wish Rod Marinelli would take notice of what happens when u blitz

4. I said this a week or two back, but Zack Bowman definately deserved to be benched. Jennings to me played very well.

7. Johnny Knox, what a steal. Runs great routes and hustles. Awesome player for us.

9. Great descision to sit Harris and DA. If watching your team beat the Packers at home from the bench doesnt pump you up to play great nothing will.

Spot on!!!!

Marinelli does blitz...you just don't see it because the blitz only really works well if the other team is taking its time and looking down the field. A good number of the completions with yards after the catch were on plays where the Bears sent an extra back; Rogers stuck with the quick drop and threw to the vacated area. A smart QB loves it when the opponent blitzes; it exposes the secondary. The Bears were better off not blitzing very often and holding the LB's back to hit guys on the short passes.

At least 2 of those 3 INT's you talk about don't happen at all on video without the penalty. Cutler doesn't throw that one INT without the blow to his head mid-throw; a legal blow and his eyes stay on the target. Cutler doesn't throw that INT on video late in the game without his receiver being manhandled. Cutler had a very good game at doing what he needed to do. I saw exactly 2 throws worthy of criticism; the INT in the first half sailed on him, and the 4th and goal INC was entirely on him.

I wouldn't say Cutler was awful. "He really should've thrown 3 INT" isn't even a comment that makes sense. There was a penalty by GB on 2 that were intercepted.

and Steve Young you can go to hell too, prick

What did he say? I was at the game.

But speaking of pricks who can go to hell, Trent Dilfer said Martz & Cutler HAVE NOT meshed well, and after the game, he went on to say the Bears are a so-so team who are 2-3 years behind the Packers. Asshole.

Yeah...the Packers have had the same coach and system so long that they've gotten careless to the point that they commit 18 penalties in a game. The Bears are 2-3 years away from being that awful.

People need to just take notice that in the past 2 weeks we have beaten teams that many to most experts had in the Super Bowl. We played a great game in Dallas and I am sorry teams that have asperations of the super bowl don't commit 18 penalties and shit down there leg because of 1 guy.

Guest TerraTor
I wouldn't say Cutler was awful. "He really should've thrown 3 INT" isn't even a comment that makes sense. There was a penalty by GB on 2 that were intercepted.

What did he say? I was at the game.

But speaking of pricks who can go to hell, Trent Dilfer said Martz & Cutler HAVE NOT meshed well, and after the game, he went on to say the Bears are a so-so team who are 2-3 years behind the Packers. Asshole.

steve young said the same thing. i love hearing Trent f'in dilfer's opinion. Ya he really put up some great seasons, what a dick.

the INTs were one right over the middle that was dropped, and labbing it up in the 4th was just a terrible throw.

labbing it up in the 4th was just a terrible throw.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with an underthrown lob if your receiver knows you're going to do that; it gives the receiver the advantage. The defenders think the receiver is streaking towards the end zone, but then the WR pulls up and the defenders run right by. The only thing the defenders can do to prevent a catch if you pull that off is grab onto the WR for dear life. Which is exactly what they did.

I thought that going into this game that this would be a great game for the Bears, win or lose. They would learn a lot about themselves and what they need to do better. I think they learned that they are a good football team, but I also think they learned about playing against some of the top teams and things the Bears will need to clean-up and improve on if they are going to be the top team by seasons end.

I've long said this Bears team would improve significantly as the season went on and as the players adjust to our new coordinators and new players. So far it has happened sooner than anticipated but I still see stuff being left on the field and things to clean up. Some we might not have the personnell to clean-up, but as a whole I'm truly impressed with the 1st 3 games of the season.

Call us lucky, call us whatever, I call that a bunch of BS. We have played solid football and are getting better. Our oline improved, still bad. Cutler regressed, but every QB has good and bad days and today his bad day wasn't near as bad as it has been previously. He matured and you could see it in his tone. Plus after the game, he admited the faults and continues to want to work better and to help things.

The timing is still a thing of progress in our offense and it should be expected. Mart and Cutler clearly have a great rapport and you can tell on the sidelines when they work together. I really think when the coaches and players go over the game-film they will be able to learn a lot from this game and grow a lot individually as players, but also collectively as a team.

Nice list!

Man, the Packers are dirty in general. Peppers was freakin' tackled when he injured his knee for a moment. I kept getting visions of the cheap shot agasint McMahon when that happened. My hated for the Packers rec'd enough fuel last night to fill 10 lifetimes worth!

I lost it when Hester broke the return! It felt so damn good!

I see coaching.

I see players benched when their play isn't what it needs to be.

I see dline players making pass rush adjustments as the game goes along. We had no pass rush early but something started clicking in the 2nd quarter. Specifically, I saw Idonije who had been taking outside rushes and/or bull rushes to start with switch up and fake outside and cut inside. Rodgers ran outside the pocket but it was pressure! Once that worked we later did a stunt and brought Izzy inside and Melton ran around the end...almost got a sack there too. Clearly Marinelli is adjusting to what he's seeing in the protection.

Oline again...very rough early on but they adapted and for the most part it was steady.